Jonathan Bird panics while diving for sea lion video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is no one asking him if he is in distress.

Well I think this is obvious. He is the only PADI trained diver there no one else knows the signs.:wink:

Well I think this is obvious. He is the only PADI trained diver there no one else knows the signs.:wink:
I got certified through SSI and was trained to recognize the signs...

With all the black it's hard to tell, it's a thumbs up but to surface or what a great clip I don't know, he didn't seem in a hurry to leave. With that little piece of film I didn't see panic, and I have seen it before.

Bob

With all the black it's hard to tell, it's a thumbs up but to surface or what a great clip I don't know, he didn't seem in a hurry to leave. With that little piece of film I didn't see panic, and I have seen it before.

Bob
You have to look starting at 5 minutes and 6 seconds into the video.

It happens when he surfaces.

Last edited:
Had to go back and look at it a second time, but, yeah, I see it. Very quick and subtle, but very obvious when you do see it.

Bob

Sir, you also look to be in distress.

Definite panic! (I mean, clearly, he didn't even close his DSV)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom