Jocassee Dives instead of Lanier - 3/26/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not quite sure what the weather is oging to do. It's changed 10x's on 3 different pages in the past day. I'm just going to wait it out and see. Right now NOAA is saying 30% chance of showers. Weather.com is showing a 20% chance of scattered showers. I'm sure tommarrow they will all say something different. I am going to watch the weather and I'm sure by Friday the weather people may have a better understanding of what is going to happen (doubtful). So far this week I have watched the weather change hourly from day to day, and they have been wrong all week.

Matt

kylepreid:
Also you dont have to drive 5 hours to dive,come to lanier its alot closer.

kyle
Ah yes, but I have no dry suit, and I like to dive year round, so springs are a good bet. I already considered being a Loony last month, but I was quickly warned off! :penguin3: (No ice smilies!)

I am also intro certified, and I really want to actually do some recreational intro dives, which requires getting used to diving and the cave currents.

I will definitely get loony when the water warms to about 63 or so, though, and I foresee a $50 charge at sea ventures in the near future. (I have tanks, but free fills is a good thing. Now I just need a Schrader valve hookup, and our cars' tires will never have low pressure again!)

Sounds good Corey. I plan on taking my cavern/intro class soon, so maybe we can line up some dives in the future. I also have the membership out at seaventures. It's nice to have a 90 degree pool to just go jump in and putz around in. I was out there last weekend squaring away by BP/W setup. It was fun. There was a big class in there. I was hovering working on bouyancy while watching the class. Always fun to watch students freak out from mask removal.

Just on another note about Lanier temps, I was out there last November (early novem ber) and it was still 60 degrees. So once it warms up it looks like the lake will be warmer for atleast a good 4-5 months.

As for jocassee, yes the weather has changed again since last night. Calling for afternoon T-showers. It will change again by tommarrow. :) I am still goign to try to plan on heading out to jocassee this weekend.
Matt

adder70:
Ah yes, but I have no dry suit, and I like to dive year round, so springs are a good bet. I already considered being a Loony last month, but I was quickly warned off! :penguin3: (No ice smilies!)

I am also intro certified, and I really want to actually do some recreational intro dives, which requires getting used to diving and the cave currents.

I will definitely get loony when the water warms to about 63 or so, though, and I foresee a $50 charge at sea ventures in the near future. (I have tanks, but free fills is a good thing. Now I just need a Schrader valve hookup, and our cars' tires will never have low pressure again!)

I dive lanier in a 7mm, NOT A SEMI DRY, and the only thing that bothers me is my hands. I went and bought some 5mm dry suit gloves, so we will see if that makes a difference. Im shure we would all like for you to come out and dive with us sometime, we like to go out to practice different drills, we try to make it a trip worth while. If you get a membership at sea ventures let us know and we will try to meet you out there when you go to the pool.

Lets go im ready to dive!
kyle

COR, THIS IS FROM AN E-MAIL I GET FROM BERMUDA TRIAGLAL WHO WE DOVE WITH. IF YOUR INTERESTED.
I CAN'T GO SAT I HAVE TO WORK.

We usually start back diving in Jocassee the first weekend in April.
However, this year the lake seems to be staying colder a bit longer than
normal. Temps this past weekend were a balmy 49 degrees. We will wait
and see if we have some warmer days and nights by April 2nd and if not
we may continue diving the Hot Hole for a couple more weekends
until the Jocassee temps rise a little. If you are scheduled for dives
in April be sure and check which lake we are diving that weekend.

For any of you that missed the Hot Hole this year we are diving all day
Saturday March 26th.
The boat will go out at 10am and again at 1:30pm. We have space for 7
divers each time slot so give us a call if you want to go. These will be
fun dives and an Instructor will be there if you need a guide to get
familiar with the area.

Thanks Allen, I was just about to drop you a line. I think Kyle and I are going to try to get on the 10am dives. I'm going to drop bermuda triangle an e-mail here in a few and see what they have to say. If I don't get a response by mid-day tommarrow I'll give em a call.

Matt

JKSteger:
Matt, are you and Kyle going out to the hot hole this Sat?

Jeremy
It does not appear we are. I just spoke with Reese at bermuda triangle and Sat. morning is booked full. There were spaces available for Sat. afternoon but that does not work out with kyle's and my schedule. We are going to go ahead and head out to jocassee and try to pull a dive or two in the morning. I plan on being out there at 9-9:30AM or so. Would be great if you came on out. I do hear it is 49-50F out there. Looks like we might be lucky and the storms are coming in the afternoon. Of course that could change any minute.

Matt

FYI,
I will be heading to Jocassee in the morning but since I'm not on any time schedule I will not even leave my house until 9:30am. Sorry but this week has been hectic and I want to sleep in Sat.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
FYI,
I will be heading to Jocassee in the morning but since I'm not on any time schedule I will not even leave my house until 9:30am. Sorry but this week has been hectic and I want to sleep in Sat.

Jeremy
I hear ya J. I just woke up at 5:45 and said.. "I must be crazy, I love diving.. :p" Hope to see ya up there bud, you should see my car. I will try to hold out for ya to show ya around once ya get up there. Kyle has a pre-easter dinner with his family tonight, so that is why we are on a time constraint and getting out so early, anyways, cya at the lake.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom