Jocasee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QUETZAL:
Anyone Been Out There Lately.

I was wondering the same thing today. I wonder what the temps are up there. I wonder if we called Bill at off the wall if he would tell us.

Matt

Corigan:
I was wondering the same thing today. I wonder what the temps are up there. I wonder if we called Bill at off the wall if he would tell us.

Matt
I WONDER IF THE IS A TEMP/WEATHER GAUGE OUT THERE? IF SO IF IT IS ONLINE?

I'm sure it is still very cold. I went to Keowee Hot Hole 2 weeks ago and when you got out of the current, it was freezing - this was at only 35-40 feet. I would think Jocassee is out of reach for me until May or so, unless someone has a dry suit. By the way Alan, I'm going to Dry Tortugas with Brian, wish you could go. He has a trip planned in May for Middle Florida - maybe I can hit that one also.

dolphinfan:
I'm sure it is still very cold. I went to Keowee Hot Hole 2 weeks ago and when you got out of the current, it was freezing - this was at only 35-40 feet. I would think Jocassee is out of reach for me until May or so, unless someone has a dry suit. By the way Alan, I'm going to Dry Tortugas with Brian, wish you could go. He has a trip planned in May for Middle Florida - maybe I can hit that one also.
YEAH I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO GO TO DRY TORTUGAS. ITS A SPEARING TRIP AND I LOVE SPEARING BUT I DO TAXES AND FINANCIALLY IT WOULD COST ME 5 TIMES WHAT IT WOULD COST ME AFTER APRIL 15TH. UN FORTUNATLY THE MG TRIP STARTS ON 4-15 AND THATS MY BUSIEST DAY.I PLANNING A TRIP TO BAJA CALIFORNIA FOR 4-16-05 THRU 5-1-05 THOUGH IF YOUR INTERESTED. ALSO I LIKE TO GO TO THE SC OR NC COAST ANYTIME THE SEAS ARE CALM ENOUGH. WATER TEMPS ARE 62 DEG AT 100 FEET NOT GREAT BUT WARM ENOUGH W/ A 5 OR 7 MM. I WEAR A 5MM.
I'LL PM YOU ABOUT SOME OTHER THINGS.

quetzal:
yeah I Would Really Love To Go To Dry Tortugas. Its A Spearing Trip And I Love Spearing But I Do Taxes And Financially It Would Cost Me 5 Times What It Would Cost Me After April 15th. Un Fortunatly The Mg Trip Starts On 4-15 And Thats My Busiest Day.i Planning A Trip To Baja California For 4-16-05 Thru 5-1-05 Though If Your Interested. Also I Like To Go To The Sc Or Nc Coast Anytime The Seas Are Calm Enough. Water Temps Are 62 Deg At 100 Feet Not Great But Warm Enough W/ A 5 Or 7 Mm. I Wear A 5mm.
I'll Pm You About Some Other Things.
So Screw The Cost I'm Going! I Called Brian And Reserved Today. I Haven't Been In The Water Since 12-12-04! Brian Said You Are Going To Spear, Will This Be Your 1st Time?
Allen

QUETZAL:
So Screw The Cost I'm Going! I Called Brian And Reserved Today. I Haven't Been In The Water Since 12-12-04! Brian Said You Are Going To Spear, Will This Be Your 1st Time?
Allen

Yeah, this will be my 1st time spearing and lobstering. I can't wait. I'm flying to Ft. Lauderdale on the 15th, driving to Ft Meyers on the 17th, driving back to Ft Lauderdale on the 20th and flying home on the 21st. Won't be diving in Lauderdale though but it will still be fun. Call me sometime and we'll talk about the trip. I'm glad you're going.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom