Jobs in Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fruhmann

Reaction score
hey. i'm just curious to hear out types of job one could get into that involve diving. i know working at a shop could be one but i'm more interested to see whatelse is out there. so throw links at me, post about your own career if it deals with diving. thanks

Fruhmann:
hey. i'm just curious to hear out types of job one could get into that involve diving. i know working at a shop could be one but i'm more interested to see whatelse is out there. so throw links at me, post about your own career if it deals with diving. thanks
There is always PSD.

Gary D.

let's see...

commercial diving in muck/freezing water/deep water/toxic water/zero vis water

golf ball diving in snake and alligator ponds

cleaning boats' bottoms

working for NOAA doing research of some sort or another

hmmmm....

working for the oil companies in off-shore rigs

working as rescue crew for movie sets

.... that's about all i can think of...

just to continue...

> light salvage of smaller lost items

> Marina diving for lost tools, parts, sunglasses, or whatever else might be dropped ( prop / shaft work if you care to learn the in's n outs of it )

> Swimming pool patch application technician

> Treasure Hunter

> Loch Ness Monster et.al. substantiater / debunker

> Nuclear Reactor cooling tank inspector

DeepSeaDan:
> Nuclear Reactor cooling tank inspector

I hear this one pays very well, but is unfortunately, is a little outside my comfort zone.

Terry

this is some good stuff i'm reading. whats the process of getting qualified for such jobs? is there a school or requirement to meet for these careers?

well me im out of school i just suck at it man im 17 i dive alot to get exp and for my diving career im thinking to get into a shop and get my instructor (cave and wreck) and go to like ginnie springs and tryed to get on staff there :) and just like live in a pimped out van and just dive everyday and work to get food adn just dive more haha its all about the diving.
Chris

I have been thinking of doing something with marinas. Just not sure how to go about it. I used to work for a little boat yard. They used to have a diver search for lost moorings, and inspect the couplings. As someone else mentioned, there is much to do involving boats. Often commercial fisherment will have problems with their shafts and props. Hitting rocks, or tangling up in debri such as ropes, netting and fishing line. It is cheaper to pay a diver to go under and inspect and repair these issues than it is to take the boat out of the water. Taking the boat out is expensive, not just for the haul and launch fees, but the working time lost while the boat is out of the water.

ChrisCrash:
well me im out of school i just suck at it man im 17 i dive alot to get exp and for my diving career im thinking to get into a shop and get my instructor (cave and wreck) and go to like ginnie springs and tryed to get on staff there :) and just like live in a pimped out van and just dive everyday and work to get food adn just dive more haha its all about the diving.
Chris

Appearantly you skipped class the day they taught punctuation! :rofl3:

Just kidding man...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom