Job Interview in Titusville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Conch Divers!
Hi! I am John. I am a Texas Swamp Diver. I have a job interview on Thursday with a company in Titusville. One of the reasons, I am looking at moving to Florida is -- I am hoping the diving is a lot better than what it is in Texas.

Any advice or other information about Titusville would be much appreciated. Not the least of my concerns is where to live.

Thanks,
John

It's a nice place with lots to things to do and great beaches. Diving is right there.

Just one tick of advice. When looking for homes, make sure can get insurance that fits your budget since you will be in a coastal town. It can be as high as your house payment.

Good luck on the job interview!!

If you live in Titusville, you will get to see lots of shuttle launches! They have beautiful wide beaches up there, too.

What Johnoly said about homeowners insurance is ABSOLUTELY true. Don't underestimate! I am pretty sure you will be required to carry flood insurance, too. I don't want to scare you but it can come to a surprise to people that move to FL and get stuck with a bigger monthly payment than expected. On a positive note...we have no income tax. :)

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice. For some reason, I didn't think about the Shuttle launches. I don't know why I didn't think about that. The company I am interviewing with is doing some work on Orion.

I think I did more and better diving in East Texas than I've done up in the Titusville area. You're not too far from Blue Springs, but that can get boring real fast. If you have a good boat, you can go out of the port and do some diving. Unfortunately, there aren't any standard charters out of Port Canveral.

Most of our diving is from Ft Pierce (iffy) south. We usually head down to Jupiter or West Palm Beach.

Hi John,

Hope you have a great interview. I live in Titusville and love it. Most of us drive two hours south for our regular diving fix. We usually go out of West Palm. It is two hours door to door. The diving out of Port Canaveral is good for lobster catching or spear fishing but not for looking at beautiful reefs. The vis is much lower up here compared with Palm Beach and farther south. I have a couple friends with boats that we can go out and get lobster on. PM me wif you want more info on Titusville also, the Titusville Chamber of Commerce is a great resource for local info. Their website is Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce

Cheers,
Bob

Hi John,

Don't know about Titusville, but I am a Career Counselor when I don't dive. Prepping people for job interviews are a specialty area of mine. My suggestions: research the company, too besides the area. Also, find an interview question list on the internet and Practice, Practice, Practice answers to the questions.

This is a good opportunity for you and I wish you well.

I lived in the Melbourne area for about 23 years, just South of Titusville, and loved it. If you live West of I-95 you will probably not need flood insurance, the elevation is fairly high and there are some nice places built on some ancient sand dunes out there. Insurance will be expensive, but discuss the area with a local realtor, they can be a great help. Good Luck.

Hi John

Best of luck with the job prospect. I live in Cocoa Beach just south T'ville. I worked at the Cape for 32 years...retired from NASA about 3 years ago...Who are interviewing with? ASRC??? I know lotsa people who work for them.

Joe

PS...You really enjoy the variety of diving we have here

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom