Jetski diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all this talk of stinger missles, I can see I'm going to need to invest in some ECM soon :wink:

Seriously, I probably get even more PO'd than boaters do when I see someone on a PWC do something stupid. Unfortunately, that occurs way too often amd it's a bad reflection on those PWC riders who aren't idiots. I think it's the lower barrier to entry in buying one. People that have no business buying a boat can afford a PWC and because it looks small, figure they don't need to learn the rules of the water.

Anyway, I guess my reply is to let you know that there are at least a few of us on PWC's who aren't idiots and take water safety seriously. So, give us the benefit of the doubt until we do something stupid, then you can let loose w/ the stinger :wink:

My ski is set up for our dive team. It's great for snagging an errant diver and not have to worry about chewing him up with a prop (we have a backboard hanging off the stern) BUT it will hold three people and I would never try to get on / off it using scuba gear....very unstable - buy a boat.

SubMariner:
SUCK

They are the bane of the aquatic realm. I only wish I had access to stinger missles every time I saw one.

Just MHO, of course.

~SubMariner~

Heat signature is too small... :m16:

Better late than never!

I just bought a new wave runner! Yes I want to dive, fish and cruise!

I do dive solo, that's a plus if on a jetski! I also dive of wrecks with moring buoy's! I can tie the ski up not worring about loosing it.
I am thing about a tank rack that swivels into to water for easy hoist of the tanks!
But honestly I am seriously thinking about making it a single tank rack!
Switching tanks on a jetski sucks I've done it in a kayak and that sucks too!
If I want to dive twice I better of run back to the ramp!

Reason for my decision to buy a ski!
I had a boat and I can't keep it at my house! The monthly bill is 20$ less than the boat storage! Now I keep the ski at the house means also I am in the water in 30 minutes. No repairs anymore, ski is new!

I think it is a good solution, for way less money then a boat! And with a gps emergency, radio and other possible safety devices it's a calculatet risk!

I stay postet jet ski diving is possible!!!

How often do you see jet skiers off shore by themselves? Rarely.

How many jet skiers have a tow rope? They ALL do.

Jet skies aren't reliable. And you have to pretty much learn to rebuild and service them on your own. Ski shops have dismally unskilled techs. If you can make fries at McD's without burning down the whole kitchen, you're qualified to be a "Master Ski Technician". Get a used flat bottom boat with a small redundant engine of some sort.

I'd like to get a Kawa Ultra 310R soon and get back into skiing. But I rarely go out alone. I'd like to put together group rides based at East Harbor State Park's campground and ramp.

On another note, jet skies aren't the bane of the great lakes anymore. They're too fast for fat kids to pilot. And they're too expensive for momo children to own. And the grown adults that are into them, won't dare get them wet or dirty.

Yuppie yacht owners with giant boats they have no right owning, let alone driving anywhere, are the biggest chunks of scum up here. Seemed that way in Floriduh as well, when I lived there. "I'm rich, so I can do whatever I want with my giant yacht."

How often do you see jet skiers off shore by themselves? Rarely.

How many jet skiers have a tow rope? They ALL do.

Jet skies aren't reliable. And you have to pretty much learn to rebuild and service them on your own. Ski shops have dismally unskilled techs. If you can make fries at McD's without burning down the whole kitchen, you're qualified to be a "Master Ski Technician". Get a used flat bottom boat with a small redundant engine of some sort.

I'd like to get a Kawa Ultra 310R soon and get back into skiing. But I rarely go out alone. I'd like to put together group rides based at East Harbor State Park's campground and ramp.

On another note, jet skies aren't the bane of the great lakes anymore. They're too fast for fat kids to pilot. And they're too expensive for momo children to own. And the grown adults that are into them, won't dare get them wet or dirty.

Yuppie yacht owners with giant boats they have no right owning, let alone driving anywhere, are the biggest chunks of scum up here. Seemed that way in Floriduh as well, when I lived there. "I'm rich, so I can do whatever I want with my giant yacht."

Jet ski's, boats, cars...... If you don't take care of your stuff then it will be unreliable. You get what you pay for!

And yes I see tons of people by themselves out in the open

Every vessel on the water has robe on board, not only jet ski's

Hate as much as you want, I am diving as much as I want!

Cool. Good luck, hopefully I'll see you out there.

I've had decent luck lately. But I'm a Master Gentech so I'm pretty easy on machines. We've had a few ski's lose power due to ECM bugs. And one Skidoo that the owner didn't upgrade the hoses, sprung a leak. Not terrible, but it gives me pause going out alone with little or no redundancy.

And of course, the threads on Greenhulk paint a terrifying picture.

Most of my alone time is within a mile or less of shore, I can just swim in when the ski sinks.

Back
Top Bottom