JetFin sizing....again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Berney

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have come to a decision, size XL Jets or Turtles. I wear a size 12.5 mens shoe and a size 12 Neo Sport 5mm dive bootie.-http://www.neosportusa.com/neosport_accessories.html#boots (First ones)
My LDS does not carry both fins so a special order is required. I looked at previous threads and the "kidspot" JetFin sizing chart, but I would like some personal opinions on the size I should order. Thank you for the help on this revisited topic.

My 3mil thin soled size 12 boots are uncomfortable in XL jets ... size 11 seems to be the cutoff point for them :(

However you might find the Turtles a bit on the large side and needing to get different boots...

It's tough to find a GOOD match if you buy the boots first (I went through 3 pair in my search) And it's hard to find a shop that has a large variety of boots around here.

What I did find works are Hightide Ranger boots (I got mine from mar-vel.com ) for size 12-15 (XXL-5XL) in XXL Jetfins... They will also fit in Turtles.

Aloha, Tim

Thanks for the ideas kidspot, your size charts were very helpful. Turtles it is. Thanks again!

I wear a size 13 shoe, a size 12 neoprene bootie, and XL Jets (with spring straps). Go figure. :)

(I *do* need to pick up a pair of Turtles for my rockboot-style drysuit boots, but for now, I'm just using my wetsuit booties over the drysuit socks and fitting in the XL Jets.)

Back
Top Bottom