Jet test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, more Jet lovers....................

I just wished I have thought about getting a pair sooner.

Enjoy!!!!

:)

Walter:
You new Jets won't wear out that soon.

I'd have agreed before what I found yesterday morning in Laguna - despite all that I believed they can be destroyed ... though I will continue to deny it :) ... tiburon72157 and I found a single scubapro jet fin about a football field out on the reef with the top of the foot pocket torn nearly 50% of the way back all kaddywumpus like. Here's how I will remember it :) it was a small fin likely worn by too large a person who let it sit in the sun and weather for 10 years until they finally made their first dive, they put the fins on at home and walked to the ocean 13 miles away, then dove in massive surge and swells and lost it ... poor fin.

Not too bad, DB. Of all the Jets I've seen, that's only the 3rd fin I've ever heard of that was destroyed. Not a bad %. Of course, I no longer have my original pair. They were stolen about 15 years ago. I do still use the replacements I got at the time, they work like new.

kidspot:
Hey Al,

I don't wear XXL any more... I "undergrew" them when I switched to diving dry - now I have to wear Turtles... so technically I don't even wear Jets now :(
You've turned away from the dark side Luke :wink:

I put on a pair of XL Jets in the pool yesterday while playing around with Dave. To be able to swim across the pool without a visit to the emergency room I needed to take tiny slow weak kicks. As I said, old and feeble so those splits will just have to do for me :)

Hey Al,

At least you're still in the water - Plus how could your buddies see you in that pea soup you dive in without those bright yellow fins?

kidspot:
Hey Al,

At least you're still in the water - Plus how could your buddies see you in that pea soup you dive in without those bright yellow fins?
Brad gave me grief over those yellow fins. If I recall correctly it sorta went like this. I'm on the boat with several friends from Oregon and of course we all have those bright yellow fins. He says "well there must have been a huge sale on yellow fins in Oregon" and I started to tell him why we use them but caught him smiling so I just said, "I get your meaning buddy, I get it".

Our newest dive con is wearing black fins, eventually he'll probably switch to yellow, lol.,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom