Jet Fins Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do they float? Or does it depend on the model?

mccabejc:
Do they float? Or does it depend on the model?

they are made of pure rubber and are negatively buoyant. they will sink. as far as i know all of the scubapro models are made of the same material and are - buoyant.

Spoon:
they are made of pure rubber and are negatively buoyant. they will sink. as far as i know all of the scubapro models are made of the same material and are - buoyant.

Jet fins are/were made using additives + some rubber. E-bay and other sites sell them.
No Jet fin was ever made using pure rubber.

mdb:
Jet fins are/were made using additives + some rubber. E-bay and other sites sell them.
No Jet fin was ever made using pure rubber.

sorry my mistake, always thought they were made of pure rubber since they are so heavy. but they are negatively buoyant:)

Spoon:
sorry my mistake, always thought they were made of pure rubber since they are so heavy. but they are negatively buoyant:)

They are negatively buoyant if it is the SP Jet Fin being referring to. But for Twin Jet, they come in both positive and negative buoyant models.

wunat:
They are negatively buoyant if it is the SP Jet Fin being referring to. But for Twin Jet, they come in both positive and negative buoyant models.

was referring to the sp jets.

The SP Jets are negatively buoyant. The black twin jets are also negatively buoyant. The yellow, graphite and cobalt twin jets are positively buoyant.

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom