Jet fins or Seawing Novas for fighting current/bad weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely, for low vis white definitely stands out, your buddies will be grateful. I bought black as that's the only colour the Gorillas are available in. I am going to buy some white Jet Fin Revos for low vis diving.

White is definitely appealing but will they stay that color after some use and scratching though. If not I will try for the blue set since they look pretty luminous too, will avoid black since someone in the club already has a black set.

White is definitely appealing but will they stay that color after some use and scratching though. If not I will try for the blue set since they look pretty luminous too, will avoid black since someone in the club already has a black set.

Ive seem some white ones that were a couple of years old and bar the unavoidable scratches still looked pretty white.

I also need to take a decision for my new dry suit. I am leaning to the Jet Fins. At this moment I have an open heel split fins and a close foot Mares Avanti SuperChannel ( which I love, it is not the same the close fin) .
I get cramps easy but when I have tried the jet fins even if they are stiff I do not trend to cramp. In fact I finish very close to cramp when using the Seawing.

That it makes any sense?

The white Scubapro SeaWing Novas are an excellent fin; lightweight, hiviz, easy to don & doff and powerful.

If they are getting mucked up, then it is a sign that your fins are on the bottom. Time to adjust your trim.

All my DMs are getting the White Sea Novas due to limited availability of the Orange ones.... white works well and helps set you apart from the rest of the dive group.
If you leave them in the heat against something colored they will stain just a little but not enough to be concerned about it.

I had a yellow snorkel that always ended up in the bottom of my kit bag and I always put my fins in first, many times on top of that snorkel, couples of spots but I think it's great character.

I liked the Nova but they are too floppy which is not a problem on a wetsuit but I found too much buoyancy with my dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom