Jet Fin XL vs Jet Fin Revo Grande

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I finally tried them out in the pool, on top of the water and under the water. I tried a few sprints with the REVO and noticed that they seemed a lot heavier than the Jets and I just felt slower in general.

I normally do 25m underwater swims with no problem, not so with the REVO. I felt like I had to use more power to get anywhere. It may be because the REVO actually sits up near the ankle vice mid foot like the Jets. I'm not sure. The REVO might be good for resistance training, but as a Rescue Swimmer, I won't wear these during a rescue.

Once I put the Jets back on, I felt free and more mobile. I know this sounds negative but I can only give feedback on how I feel about the REVO. I felt like I was struggling to go anywhere with them on. I'll definitely try them out a few more times considering they cost me a pretty penny.

The Only Pro I get from them is the bigger foot pocket, which felt really good and was way easier to slip on and off. I'll definitely come back and update this with hopefully some better feedback, maybe more positive, lol. I might train with them more often for the resistance that I felt, so when I put the Jets on it will be game over.

SInce you're a swimmer do you think that it might be caused by the more fluid ankle movement that most swimmers develop? I'm thinking that maybe the footpocket on the revo is a bit more stiff since its further up on the foot and maybe restricts some of the normalmovement because its less flexible, causing an energy loss? as the normal jets tend to sit further down it might be a different energy transfer with them

I assume that you used alternate kicking, but maybe with scuba and using frog kicks its a different situation and the stiffness can be a boon?

does anyone know how i could get some revo jet fins, in red??? wanna get them for christmas. :(

So I finally tried them out in the pool, on top of the water and under the water. I tried a few sprints with the REVO and noticed that they seemed a lot heavier than the Jets and I just felt slower in general.

I normally do 25m underwater swims with no problem, not so with the REVO. I felt like I had to use more power to get anywhere. It may be because the REVO actually sits up near the ankle vice mid foot like the Jets. I'm not sure. The REVO might be good for resistance training, but as a Rescue Swimmer, I won't wear these during a rescue.

Once I put the Jets back on, I felt free and more mobile. I know this sounds negative but I can only give feedback on how I feel about the REVO. I felt like I was struggling to go anywhere with them on. I'll definitely try them out a few more times considering they cost me a pretty penny.

The Only Pro I get from them is the bigger foot pocket, which felt really good and was way easier to slip on and off. I'll definitely come back and update this with hopefully some better feedback, maybe more positive, lol. I might train with them more often for the resistance that I felt, so when I put the Jets on it will be game over.

When I first used the REVO I had the same feeling, but now, after hundreds of dives with the REVO, I can't dive with the classic Jetfins without feeling somewhat shackled.

The REVO work so much better for surface swims, especially when towing anything. Underwater, I feel they are a lot more maneuverable. I can do turns much more effectively, and with less effort than the classic Jetfins. Yes, REVO's material is slightly softer than classic Jetfins, but that's what makes them so good.

I also love that REVO's foot pockets have drainage holes! Very handy when struggling to get out of pounding surf after a shore dive.

Don't get me wrong, I still keep my classic Jetfins as a spare, and I'll get used to them again after a few dives (I guess), but I love my REVOs. Best investment I've ever made :)

I just bought a pair of XL Jets for $25 CAD at a swap! Super excited for them...however the orange REVO's look pretty cool. Added visibility in murky water for my buddy plus it's my favourite colour!

Back
Top Bottom