Jet Fin Warranty: Does it cover 1-week old fins? Ugh...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So my original jet fins developed a serious cracking problem:

image154.jpg

ScubaPro replaced them under warranty with no problem. Picked up the new pair the day before I left for Truk Lagoon two weeks ago...

FullSizeRender.jpg

After two days of diving I noticed this...

image164.jpg

I can't imagine what I could have done during a handful of dives to "break" a JetFin in such a fashion. Odd that it failed on the seam again... same as the the first pair. Perhaps I have the world's most powerful frog kick?

Will swing by my LDS tomorrow and see what the reaction is.

I know people thought I was full of it when I said I have cracked MANY pairs of jet fins. Never brand new ones. Giant stride entries are really tough on a blade, but I suspect most of my damage was done when pushing off of sharp wrecks or reef.

I know people thought I was full of it when I said I have cracked MANY pairs of jet fins. Never brand new ones. Giant stride entries are really tough on a blade, but I suspect most of my damage was done when pushing off of sharp wrecks or reef.
just curious, why would you be "pushing off of sharp wrecks or reef"?

RJP,
All of our Jet Fins are covered by our ltd lifetime warranty which of course would include splitting. Best to take it back to where you purchased for a quick exchange. Send me an IM if you have any problems.

But... Why are they splitting ????Jim...

Periodically we see a few fins crack since they are rubber and still being manufactured with original molds and equipment.

I have used Jets on and off for 40 yrs... Never had a problem... I love them... Just found it weird that 2 set broke in the same spot...Jim...

Perhaps I have the world's most powerful frog kick?

I doubt it....a (proper) frog kick would put the stresses elsewhere. Unless you are wearing your fins upside down.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom