"Jet Fin" Style Fins size XXL w/ 10" Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tphelps

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Aloha all,

I've noticed quite a few threads of people selling their jet fins (and have replied to several). I thought this thread would draw out any other dust accumulating fins!

I am looking for a pair of size XXL fins in the Jet Fins-style (can be Rockets, Turtles, OMS, etc.). Preferably I am looking for a pair that already has 10" spring straps. By 10" I mean the length of the spring itself being 10", not the overall length.

The fins would be going to Southern California. If this sounds like the fins you are selling, please send me a personal message.

Thanks for reading!

-Tyler

just a heads up. 10" spring strap on XXL size jet is super short. I used XL jet, US size 8 shoes, turbo sole, I need 12" spring strap. I has 10" before, it was no go.

just a heads up. 10" spring strap on XXL size jet is super short. I used XL jet, US size 8 shoes, turbo sole, I need 12" spring strap. I has 10" before, it was no go.

I appreciate the heads up Eelnoraa but this is the size I currently dive in now. I need the wide foot pocket for my rock boots but my feet are only a size 10 so I don't need too much strap. I tried the XXLs with 12" and they were too long for me. I am looking for a 2nd set of drysuit fins that I can keep in California when I am not diving my drysuit in Hawaii for long exposure dives. Thank you!

I use XXL Jetfins but prefer bungees over springs. You can make them any length you want, they're easier to don and doff and last a few hundred dives before you need to spend another fifty cents to replace them.

DSCF2972.jpg

I agree with MaxBottomtime. The problem with springs is you can’t tell when they are about to fail, short of a metallurgical lab in your basement. The bunges are just as comfortable and easy to use but it is obvious when they need to be replaced. They also don’t fail suddenly. Bungees are cheap and easily replaced in the field to any length.

Attachments

• BungeeFinStrap.jpg
    BungeeFinStrap.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 321
I use XXL Jetfins but prefer bungees over springs. You can make them any length you want, they're easier to don and doff and last a few hundred dives before you need to spend another fifty cents to replace them.

I agree with MaxBottomtime. The problem with springs is you can’t tell when they are about to fail, short of a metallurgical lab in your basement. The bunges are just as comfortable and easy to use but it is obvious when they need to be replaced.

Great idea guys, thanks!

I have the xxl jet fins for sale here. I wear a size 10.5 shoe. Have size 12 rock boots I wear with my dry suit, the xxl are just a tad too big for me, I have xl hollis fins with springs.

Fins purchased, thread closed. Thanks to all for looking!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom