Jet Fin sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been on a quest to find a good set of fins for my drysuit. My Oceanic V12s do not fit well, do not push me along in my drysuit well, and one came off last weekend and it sucked to be in one fin in a drysuit.

I dive in a 3 mm compressed neoprene O'Neill Drysuit that has boots that are like Rock Boots. You put them on over the 3 mm compressed neoprene boots. This moves me up to a size 13 or 14 boot.

I have tried XL Jet fins, and they were not big enough. The forfoot of the drysuit boot does not fit in the fin as far as width. So I went up a size to XXL Jet fins (ordered NEW from LP) these almost seem too big when I put them on with just the boot. I will try it again with the whole suit and the boot today, but I am afraid that XXL is too big.

Any suggestions on what to do?

DivingCRNA:
I have been on a quest to find a good set of fins for my drysuit. My Oceanic V12s do not fit well, do not push me along in my drysuit well, and one came off last weekend and it sucked to be in one fin in a drysuit.

I dive in a 3 mm compressed neoprene O'Neill Drysuit that has boots that are like Rock Boots. You put them on over the 3 mm compressed neoprene boots. This moves me up to a size 13 or 14 boot.

I have tried XL Jet fins, and they were not big enough. The forfoot of the drysuit boot does not fit in the fin as far as width. So I went up a size to XXL Jet fins (ordered NEW from LP) these almost seem too big when I put them on with just the boot. I will try it again with the whole suit and the boot today, but I am afraid that XXL is too big.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Try Turtles, they are made in one size AFAIK, and they are between a XL Jet and the cavern like XXL jets.

Tobin

In street shoes I am a size 10. With my wet suit booties (Xcel Glideskin 6.5mm) size 10 the XL Jet Fins fit perfectly. My dry suit is a DUI with size L CF200 socks, I wear the old style size 10 Rock Boots. There is no way the Jet Fins fit, so I had to move up to somthing dfiferent. I got a pair of the Turtle fins and they do fit, but they are just a bit loose. They are not quite as secure as I would like them to be. I want to look at the OMS jet fin knock offs, and the AquaLung Rocket fins. The problem is that I need to find a shop with these fins in stock and take my suit, the insulating socks, and the Rock Boots to the shop and have a little fin party.

Kidspot here on the board has a web page with some nice pictures and general sizing information, this is an excellent resource, but nothing can compare to actually putting on a pair and making up your own mind.

Based on your post, you might be a perfect fit for the Turtles.

Good luck,

Mark Vlahos

This is frustrating. No shops around here carry this stuff, so I have to order it, wait for it, find it is the wrong size, return it, repeat.

I would use the LDS if they would stock something usefull!!!!

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba shows pics of the XL, XXL Jets and Turtles - might give you an idea of the foot pocket size. But I'd agree with Tobin that turtles are usually the best choice when between XL & XXL Jet sizing

Aloha, Tim

Seems as though trying to get a pair of jet fins when they aren't at your LDS is a crap shoot.

So I wear a size 10 wetsuit boot and have wide flat feet - should I go large or XL on the sizing???

5ata:
Seems as though trying to get a pair of jet fins when they aren't at your LDS is a crap shoot.

So I wear a size 10 wetsuit boot and have wide flat feet - should I go large or XL on the sizing???

XL Jets should fit you.

Tobin

DivingCRNA,

I agree with Tobin,

I think the XXL will be way too large so a turtle might be a good choice.

5ata, I'm a 9.5 wide and I can fit a large, abit it's a bit small but the XL fits me fine with room to spare. I wear 5mm booties.

Hope this helps,

SangP

Thanks! :)

OK. I put the bottom of the drysuit on, then the boots, and put the fins on. They are not loose on my feet and wil lbe even less loose with thick socks on. After looking at the sizing table provided in this thread, I am not sure the pocket on the turtles is tall enough.

It think these are going to fit. I am going to dive them and find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom