Jet Fin / Rocket Fin Size help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AK47Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to get some Jet Fins and am wondering about sizing . My LDS does not have any (They do have Rocket Fins though).

I wear a Mares Wet suit boot size 10 Mens.

While the LeisurePro site says size Large is for 9-10 and XL for 11, it mentions that if you wear a boot with a hard sole you should go one foot size larger, which puts me in an XL.

Am I looking at an XL Jet Fin or L?

As a subquestion, am I an XL in the Rocket fin or large there?

Any help is much appreciated, and opinions as to which is better would also be welcome.

AK47Diver:
I'm looking to get some Jet Fins and am wondering about sizing . My LDS does not have any (They do have Rocket Fins though).

I wear a Mares Wet suit boot size 10 Mens.

While the LeisurePro site says size Large is for 9-10 and XL for 11, it mentions that if you wear a boot with a hard sole you should go one foot size larger, which puts me in an XL.

Am I looking at an XL Jet Fin or L?

As a subquestion, am I an XL in the Rocket fin or large there?

Any help is much appreciated, and opinions as to which is better would also be welcome.

I am a size 9-10 triple EEE foot in a neoprene boot. I wear XL Jet Fins. However, I do find the fins rather longish and wish they were maybe an inch shorter. I tried on Large, but because of the width of my feet I found it rather snug. If anything, fin fitting is almost an art since water tends to lubricate and compress neoprene.

AK47Diver:

While they look somewhat alike, they are vastly different fins. Jets are the best fins I've ever used, Rockets are one of the worst.

You would be an XL in Jets.

My EU size 44 6mm boots (about US size 10.5 or 11) fit the XL jets snugly. With slim 3mm size 11 DeepSee boots I can fit into an L, but they were uncomfortable for my feet. Your best bet is to get the XL's and then change to thicker boots if they are too loose. The pockets are pretty rough anyway, so you may need the extra cushioning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom