Jerry Garcia pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko:
Old thread alert!! But wow would that be a cool poster/pics to have.......

This is interesting. I just set my background to have Jerry playing with a turtle.
Now the thread reawakens.

I know Jerry dove over 500 times with Jacks Dive Locker and was a major force in setting up many of the moorings in Hawaii.

Being a dead fan and loving Jerry's Music, I found this way cool since I also love to dive.

I found thios quote somewhere:

'If we had known about diving in the '60s, we'd never have needed drugs' Jerry Garcia

Here are a few pictures
http://www.kona-aloha.com/photos/Jerry

Enjoy!

Funny this got resurrected...

I was getting a haircut yesterday, and my barber is a lady who used to do a ton of diving with Billy Kreutzman here on the North Coast. She told me a bunch of stories, but one was really cool. She said Billy had a rad video camera, and they were all diving one day off the Mendocino Coast, just goofing around, waving to the camera and making faces.

Well, they get home and watch the video, and in one of the scenes where people are just waving and goofing around, a BIG white shark swims behind them. They didn't know it was there at the time. How crazy is that?

I meant to ask if she had a copy of the video. She said they had to rewind it several times to debate whether it was a boat or not. Wouldn't that be cool to have video footage of a white shark swimming behind Billy while he's waving at the camera? :wink:

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Funny this got resurrected...

I was getting a haircut yesterday, and my barber is a lady who used to do a ton of diving with Billy Kreutzman here on the North Coast. She told me a bunch of stories, but one was really cool. She said Billy had a rad video camera, and they were all diving one day off the Mendocino Coast, just goofing around, waving to the camera and making faces.

Well, they get home and watch the video, and in one of the scenes where people are just waving and goofing around, a BIG white shark swims behind them. They didn't know it was there at the time. How crazy is that?

I meant to ask if she had a copy of the video. She said they had to rewind it several times to debate whether it was a boat or not. Wouldn't that be cool to have video footage of a white shark swimming behind Billy while he's waving at the camera? :wink:

That would be cool!
If you get a copy, I want first dibs :05:

Thanks for the link! Great pics!!! WOW!

Great quote btw....so true....:wink:

Now the video must be funny....I'd also like to see that! I cant imagine their reactions watching it afterwards! I'm sure it happens more often than we want to know (something like that swimming near us).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom