Jerimiah was a Spacefrog!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtl01

Registered
Reaction score
I just got some cressi spacefrogs for $90.00 was it a good deal?
I needed new fins for the class I had later that day(I know I cut it way too close) and all they had in the way of scuba fins were twin jets for $180.00 there was no way I was going to pay that price,some atomics for a similar price but none in my size anyway,and the spacefrogs for $90.00.
Was it a good deal or was I cheated please tell.

Spacefrogs are good fins - among some of the better paddle fins available. You need strong legs for them though. $90 sounds pretty close to full retail though, but it means you were able to do your course :)

I like them very much, although, as mentioned, you need strong legs.

I am quite a large individual, at 6'4" 210#, so I don't really have any problem.

I paid less for the fins in Israel (after all Italy is closer). I know that you can get them online for less than 90$, but on the other hand, you can not get them on the same day.

You've made a good choice and probably did not pay way too much.

Ari :)

An instructor who I really respect is awaiting the arrival of some spacefrogs that he ordered to replace the last spacefrogs which he has pretty much worn out. Based on that, I would guess you have some good fins. My crappy fins never saw enough ocean time to get worn out.

Originally posted by art.chick
My crappy fins never saw enough ocean time to get worn out.
If you are talking about the Jet Fins... they can't see enough ocean time to wear out....

Mine had muchos quantos dives on them when I sold them for more than they cost new....

And they were still just like new: beautifully ugly and efficient

I dive Frogs in open water, jets in caves & wrecks. I believe I can get more thrust out of the Frogs, more fine control out of the jets.
I've tried propeller fins and found them wanting for my style of diving.
Rick

My AWESOME fins are the Jetfins, & I agree: they NEVER wear out (well, once I saw a badly worn pair that had finally ripped in a trash can) A Scottish guy I dove with in the Caymans had a fine-looking pair & I pointed out that they were the same as mine, & he said, "Me Mum dove the North Sea in these before I was born."

My crappy fins were the first ones I bought before OW began: Aqualung Pulse fins. My husband tolerated his for 3 years, but mine were so uncomfortable, I could not stand them in the pool. Some cheap things are, well, cheap!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom