Jepuskar annual Bonaire trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Boss tells me I need to put in for vacation time, so I am planning this a little earlier than anticipated. Looking at September timeframe, Buddy Dive #1 choice. I'll be staying for two weeks.

Looking to share accomodations with either another solo diver or someone who wants to buddy up that meets my 29 points of diver capability by Dr. Neil Clark Warren.

I don't care if you are male, female, or even a christian, I just want to dive and enjoy the island like I always do. This is going to be my 10th trip there so I know the island well.

I am going no matter what, but thought I would throw this out there.

troll

Sorry I can't join you, but I wanted to put in a plug for Walt Stark at RecTek Scuba for at least a few dives while you're there. There are some fun deeper spots (deep wall at Karpata and the Windjammer wreck) that would be good CCR spots if you're taking your rebreather. He can support sodasorb and all gas fills, bailout bottles, etc that you might need.

Hey Doug,

I've met Walt once before. I'll most likely be getting a pony bottle from him.

No rebreather yet for me, came within a week of getting an Evolution...but the seller got weird on me and then I balked on it. :(

As you know, I've got a Sport or a Classic Kiss for you anytime! And it comes with training in warm, sunny Florida instead of the frozen tundra of Chicago-land. :)

Have a great trip!

Doug

That is the first time I've heard that.......today.

It's like when you meet a woman and you know her in and out and you like what she has to offer. You keep re-visiting that same woman over and over. She makes you happy. If you only get two or three weeks out of the year, wouldn't you want to go visit that same woman for that time knowing you will have a good time?

Apply that to Bonaire. I know what to expect, I know the dive sites, I know I will have a great time, and I know how the people are.

Either way I'm going to end up spending money to dive on Bonaire or to dive on the woman.

Yes, but man wasn't meant to be with just ONE woman!!! Variety is the spice of life!!!!

I'd love to visit Bonaire just once, but for now I'm happy with visiting the Great Lakes. It's just like Bonaire, just colder. :D

Oh sorry, i didn't know it was about a woman, if it was diving you are interested in you should go somewhere in the Pacific?!?

I agree with PP... variety man! variety!

Diving/women...same thing, they cost money and if you're not careful you'll end up floating face down.

Quick hijack --

Mike:
I knew you were leaving Yap. I was with Eric Cheng, Julie Edwards, and Douglas Sieffert on Jim Abernethy's boat a couple of weeks ago and they told me you'd moved to Bali. Where are you and who are you working with?

Doug

Okay, now back to the discussion of diving, women, variety, ......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom