Jeep Rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a number of threads out there on this so try and search.
This link may be helpful as well: Cozumel Car Rentals

Looks like Less Pay has a good price on a Jeep. You may find out what the price is with insurance (liability), which you are required to have.
I'll PM you with some of my earlier finds.

Even if you don't book in advance, print out some prices before you go so you'll know if the rates quoted when you get there are realistic.

Personally, I'd rent a CAR thru Cozumel Insider again. A car has several advantages over a jeep. Cars have AC, can be locked, and have a nicer ride.

If you do end up with a jeep, be sure to stay on the paved roads. The rental jeeps in Cozumel have had their 4 wheel drive shift linkage disconnected, so even if you wanted to engage the 4 wheel drive, you won't be able to do so.

Finally, get the Cozumel map from Can-Do Maps and travel guides if haven't already.

I have always used Avis - they have jeeps. Unfortunately, you cannot make a web reservation for international rentals, but you can make reservations by calling their 800 number.
the big plus with them is that they have pick-up and drop-off at the airport.

I have always used Avis - they have jeeps. Unfortunately, you cannot make a web reservation for international rentals, but you can make reservations by calling their 800 number.
the big plus with them is that they have pick-up and drop-off at the airport.

I have made Avis rental reservations for Cozumel online. Has that changed recently? You can still reserve an Avis vehicle if you go thru cozumelinsider.

If you pick up the car at the airport, there is a 10% tax for the "convenience" of getting the car there.

I stand corrected - the reason why I had to call in a reservation is that my avis profile had a corporate discover card that is not accepted internationally. So if you have an avis profile with a AMEX or Visa/MC as the default card you should be able make a reservation online.

As far as the convenience charge - good point. I don't mind paying it when the alternative is taking a van into town and going to a rental location there, then making the same arrangements when you go home.

We just returned home late last night from a wonderful 8 days in Coz. We did rent a Jeep with Avis via the hotel we stayed at, Cozumel Palace. We paid $70 with full insurance for one day which was more than enough time to drive around the island stopping at many of the beach clubs on the east side of the island. It was a lot of fun to see the other side.

Our Jeep was quite new and had a/c. We never felt the need to lock it up since it was always within sight.

I highly recommend venturing around the island!

I stand corrected - the reason why I had to call in a reservation is that my avis profile had a corporate discover card that is not accepted internationally. So if you have an avis profile with a AMEX or Visa/MC as the default card you should be able make a reservation online.

As far as the convenience charge - good point. I don't mind paying it when the alternative is taking a van into town and going to a rental location there, then making the same arrangements when you go home.
Interesting deal with the credit card. Last time we rented a car, Avis came and got me from the hotel to pick up the car and when we were ready to return it on the way to the airport, they told us to go ahead and drive it out there for the drop off, no airport fee.

We just returned home late last night from a wonderful 8 days in Coz. We did rent a Jeep with Avis via the hotel we stayed at, Cozumel Palace. We paid $70 with full insurance for one day which was more than enough time to drive around the island stopping at many of the beach clubs on the east side of the island. It was a lot of fun to see the other side.

Our Jeep was quite new and had a/c. We never felt the need to lock it up since it was always within sight.

I highly recommend venturing around the island!
Wow, a jeep with AC. That is new.

I agree, a trip around the island is definitely worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom