Jeddo, Texas - new SCUBA club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the Texas Tanks?
(btw - as I type this, I am listening to WASP - I Am Blind in Texas) I don't really know what that has to do with anything. I just thought it was cool. Long live XMRadio!

(btw - as I type this, I am listening to WASP - I Am Blind in Texas) I don't really know what that has to do with anything. I just thought it was cool. Long live XMRadio!

Cool, :rockband: a very good song, I have that song on one of those designed picture LP's.

Cherrick, tell us more about the tanks.

Well, you'd have to have spent some time out in the country to know what type of tank the OP is talkin' about. We're not talking Luxfer here. Tanks are those small watering holes cattle drink out of at the ranch. Some are bigger than others, but you sure wouldn't call 'em a lake...maybe a pond. :D Jeddo is out in the country a bit...half way between Austin and San Antonio and a fair drive east of I-35. I imagine there aren't a lot of lakes out there, but plenty of tanks. :wink:

ahem..."Tank"--Texan for pond, small lake, or other types of minute water impoundments, often provided as watering holes for cattle and horses, hence the more full sobriquet "stock tank". Said tanks are often subject to aggressive algal blooms and are typically fairly shallow. Due to the presence of said lifestock, access and immersion in these water sources can be questionable to downright yucky!

And to the OP..."tanks" for the invite to the new club! Hope to see you underwater sometime!

And to the OP..."tanks" for the invite to the new club! Hope to see you underwater sometime![/QUOTE]

Uh Guba, with the visibility of those tanks, maybe "Bump into you underwater sometime" might have been more appropriate. :D

:rofl3:
Right you are, Brad! I've actually been in some of those mudholes, and they don't call us Texas Swampers for nuttin'!

Speaking of which...when we gonna be able to get in some dives, pardna? Surely we can find something warm enough to get wet in.

And no, using your drysuit is cheating!

Hope to see you soon.

Bill

One fo my favorite beer drinkin' discussions... What is the difference between a tank, pond and lake???

A cow drinks from a tank and kids catch catfish in the pond behind grandma's and rich people live on a lake...

Unless of course you are from East Texas and then the lines get blurred

Wait a Minute.....My dive buddy John is a Blind WASP ?? .... :confused:

All this time I thought he was a Crazy Indian Chasin' Chicks In Oklahoma !!!!

(AKA ~ CICCIO ) Sorta like EI EIO but different

ZzzKing help me out here
There has to be some sort of better Acronym for richerso !!

Loves Ostrich Vinyl Eatable Shorts
Crazy Like In Texas

Something ..........

Wait a Minute.....My dive buddy John is a Blind WASP ?? .... :confused:

All this time I thought he was a Crazy Indian Chasin' Chicks In Oklahoma !!!!

(AKA ~ CICCIO ) Sorta like EI EIO but different

ZzzKing help me out here
There has to be some sort of better Acronym for richerso !!

Loves Ostrich Vinyl Eatable Shorts
Crazy Like In Texas

Something ..........

:rofl3:
Time! I read this and fell off my barstool. LOL!

That's Chief CICCIO to you!

Back
Top Bottom