JDeco on Blackberry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any thoughts on JDeco, particularly on blackberry?

I LOVE it. It took a little doing to install; I had to do a Java command from within the Windows command line and install it using a USB cable (the over-the-air download did not work), but the instructions were on the website. It calculates everything you need for technical dive planning using either a Buhlmann or VPM model. It will calculate runtime, OTUs, CNS%, ideal mix for a given depth and desired Equivalent Nitrogen Depth (END), deco schedules, Van der Waals gas mixing, all with whatever Nitrox or trimix you program; you just tell it the O2 and He fractions in your mixes. It also calculates gas usage for a given dive plan based on your working and deco SAC rates, and it computes multi-dive profiles. In short, it does everything you need desktop deco software to do.

Now, it doesn't do pretty graphs or take advantage of Blackberry's superior user interface, because it is designed to work on any Java-enabled phone, but still, with it I don't need my laptop on the boat anymore....

And finally also V4.0 is available for Blackberries ... took some time ... but when it's good it takes more time :)

I don´t have a blackberry but have been using JDeco for about a year now (time really does go by fast)...I just love the convienience of it, instead of taking a laptop on dive-trips I just use my mobile phone...the VPM algo is pretty close to v-planner (propably just a difference in my settings) and it´s easy to use and plan dives with both OC and CCR...

For 40€ (or whatever it costs) I think it´s really good value for money...

I can't seem to get this to load on my BB 8703e. It doesn't do the over th air load, nor can I get the Java commands to work.

Any tips guys?

Not sure, but I asked the author, Dr. Henning Schmidt, whose email address is info@jdeco.de, about it, and he said he was working on a better Blackberry version. My BB is an 8800, so maybe the 87xx series is incompatible?

I emailed the guy at Jdeco and the problem is now fixed for the Blackberry 8703e It works just fine on mine.

I think I'll give this a shot. Just got a BB Curve. Now if I can figure out how to load it...

I think I'll give this a shot. Just got a BB Curve. Now if I can figure out how to load it...

Randy,

Let me know how it goes.
Also, I want to know if you added memory to your Curve or if you're using a "stock" phone. RIM says you can install 8gig of memory but I read somewhere AT&T Curves will only recognize up to 4gig even if you install 8gig. (I might want to find the unlock code for that :D)

Brian, it's installed but I haven't had time to play with it yet. Stock BB 8330 curve from Verizon.

I've got 2G to install, but haven't put it in yet.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom