Japan or Korea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

I will be visiting Korea May 27 through June 5. I will fly to Seoul through Tokyo.

Then I will be diving on Jeju Island, Korea, from May 29 through May 31.

Should I stay on Jeju until June 4, or should I fly to Tokyo and dive in Japan from June 1 through June 4?

I have a drysuit and am prepared for cold water.

Thank you for your opinion.

Hi,

I may teach a course on Jeju May 30-31 so perhaps see you!

Diving in Jeju is ok. Izu outside Tokyo is also good. A little different marine life. I would say if you want to take it easy stay at Jeju. If you want to experience both countries and travel around also visit Izu. Either are good. Vis may not be excellent though. Moneywise Japan is 1.5 - 2 times more expensive.

Thomas

Thanks for the information. Unless diving in Tokyo is a lot better, then I will stay on Jeju.

What class are you teaching? I need GUE-F but am busy on May 30-31.

I'll been to Seogwipo and dove off Mun Island, any other suggestions on where to go on Jeju? That's where I was going to go again.

Any idea of water temperature in May? I figure it will be 10-15 degrees C.

Yes, I teach a fundamental course there. We will do two days in Seoul and then two in Jeju. I am back again teaching end of June and July.

I will see if I can get some recommendations on dive sites in Jeju.

Looks like our plans are set. We'll be diving out of Seogwipo May 26 - May 29. We'll be on Hallasan May 30 and back to Seoul on May 31.

Sounds good! Perhaps see you May 30/31? I am not sure where we will stay. Normally southern part.

I agree with the assessment of TJO on Jeju (Seogwipo) and Izu. You won't need a drysuit for Jeju or Izu. I'd hang around Jeju also unless you want the experience of diving at Izu. Both, IMHO, are good dive spots, but I'll give the edge to Jeju.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom