January Diving in the Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennyscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

I'm starting to plan my honeymoon for next January and was looking for some insight. We are going to be China over the New Years (the wife is Chinese so we are doing a banquet there) and then wanted to go somewhere for a weak or two while we are in that Hemisphere.

The initial thought was Palau but am re-thinking that since she is still a new diver (just got certified last week in Belize - she loved it!) and probably not the best place for a newbie. I would love to do the South Pacific but am concerned about the weather - how is traveling to the SP in January? It seems like the best option is west coast Thailand. Is there anywhere else in the pacific worth considering that time of year?

I think in general we are looking for place that has good diving for a newbie, not terribly long boat rides (was put off by the hour boat rides in Palau) and would make for a great honeymoon!

Any thoughts are, as always, greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

bg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom