Janice's Software Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWSojourner

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand from the posts here that a lot of you are using the undergarments made by Janice Software. Are you using just that undergarment or are you layering something else with it?

I need to order the undergarment but don't know whether I should be considering some type of layering. I want to be warm enough to dive OR WA, or British Columbia in winter. ( and trilam suit).

I dive here in the PNW and use a 300 weight softwear as does Shane. Lately this winter I have been layering a set of polypro long johns underneath so that on longish dives (60~90 minutes) I won't get chilly. Most of the rest of the year I just use the 300.

UWSojourner:
I understand from the posts here that a lot of you are using the undergarments made by Janice Software. Are you using just that undergarment or are you layering something else with it?

I need to order the undergarment but don't know whether I should be considering some type of layering. I want to be warm enough to dive OR WA, or British Columbia in winter.

In 54 degree Monterey water, I'm comfy in a 300 wt Janice-made undersuit with polypro underneath (to wick water away).

Trilam suit...

Ditto to what the others have said! I love my SoftWear undies. I use the 200wt for the local temps and add a pair of polypro undies with a fleece lining for temps under 54° or so. I debated on getting the 200wt or the 300. Didn't want to be too warm, but then being cold is a bummer. Layering seems to be the best bet, since you can control it more.

What about diving under the ice (in the 30's F)? What do most people wear under shell suits?

Hey, Pug and others - are these undergarments just fleece, or do they have an outer 'shell' on them, to protect from things like boat spray and the like?

Softwear is just fleece.

AS for water temp in the 30's, I am good down to around 34 deg F with a Polartec 300 wt jumpsuit, and polypro longjohns underneath, and a coolmax poly tshirt. A little chilly if you are there for a long time. I would prefer Thinsulate 400g, but havent gotten around to buying one yet.

LUBOLD8431:
Softwear is just fleece.

AS for water temp in the 30's, I am good down to around 34 deg F with a Polartec 300 wt jumpsuit, and polypro longjohns underneath, and a coolmax poly tshirt. A little chilly if you are there for a long time. I would prefer Thinsulate 400g, but havent gotten around to buying one yet.

I'm headed for a Thinsulate at some point also...But, my Softwear undersuit suits me fine until I have enough money burning my pocket to buy the thinsulate...

Yeah, I know, thinsulate isnt cheap...

My Software undergarment just arrived. Fits great. Janice makes a nice product. Got an extra vest for my thermally challenged daughter. Hopefully this will keep her warm as we've been blocked out of diving (at home) until I can get her dry.

Thanks to all here who gave me the lead and references. Never would have found her otherwise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom