Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marci, I am so sorry that you and Jameson are having to face even more troubles. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Marci, i know it sounds bad to you, but it's not as bad as it could be

just hang in there and keep the faith

ok. he's holding steady. that was his only bleeding. once it was over, he hasn't had any more (so far).

they've already turned off the constant sedation (though he can have a hit if he gets upset) and started his feeding back at half his total. they plan on going up on his feeding quickly, like an ml every 3 hours or so rather than an ml every day or two.

he's still intubated. the plan is to give him a night of good rest, with sedation if he needs it, and extubate him in the morning. he's on antibiotics, which will be stopped when the cultures come back negative, which is what is expected.

he was soooo still when i got there. could barely open his eyes or grasp my hand. i was hoping it was only the fentanyl (sedation) - and sure enough, about 15 minutes after they turned it off, he was wide eyed and moving lots. he wasn't acting sick once he was able to wake up.

but he looked so sad to be intubated again. it broke my heart, though i understand the reasoning behind the plan. then he settled down & went to sleep on his own & was sleeping soundly when i left.

right now, since the bleeding stopped so quickly, they're thinking a bleeding ulcer. he's been on iv or oral antacids the whole time, but still - ulcers are a big risk for long-term hospitalized people. if it stays stopped, they don't plan on doing any scoping to look for the reason.

so, best case scenario, everything will be pretty much back to yesterday's status by monday or so and this will have been just a scary blip on the radar screen. i sure hope that comes true. i'm getting kinda weird from being frightened so bad for so long. five months of this is a long time.

Hang in there Marci. If you want to go out to dinner one night let me know (my treat) give me a call.

BabyDuck:
i'm getting kinda weird from being frightened so bad for so long. five months of this is a long time.

i just can not imagine it ...

you have done really, really well

It hurts me to read these small paragraphs ... I can not imagine how you cope
.. the wings of angels must be supporting you

Lots of prayers from here.

Gees Honey,..Keep the faith awhile longer, he is so strong now. He won't let you down and you won't let him down.....Prayers, hugs, kisses. Take a big deep breath.....

Hang in there Marci.

doing better today! already off the vent & back on cpap. they did that just before i got here this morning. his nurse said he'd spent the morning pissed off at still being intubated, all stiff & mad-faced. so now he's relaxed & happy!

he's back dressed & will get his crib back soon (he spent yesterday undressed under the warmer). doing well digesting, poop is normal, no more bleeding. he'll be off iv fluid this afternoon & have another day or so of antibiotics. his labs are quite good - his bili is back down to 10.

i hope it really was a not-to-be-repeated blip. and i know y'all are hoping right along with me! thank you so much for the good vibes. you don't know how much i draw from that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom