Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miss, i bet he ain't going anywhere for visits this summer... :(

i hate that i'm gonna be the germ-phobic mama running around with purell. i don't want to be, really, but that's what my ex-preemie will need so that's what i'm gonna do. he just won't be able to handle common cold stuff this year.

but when they say he's ready, world look out!

yesterday he was resting when i was there, but his nurse said he was all awake at 1100. he's still in the 'slow & steady progress' thing. i'm really looking forward to him getting of the vent, learning to eat, and coming home!

I have been reading all along about your duckling. I bet you were scared silly. Small steps Duckie, small steps, then one day you will see him sprawled across the entire sofa, with huge smelly feet, stuffing his face, and you will barely remember these days. He is so cute, big kisses through the 'puter screen for him. Ahh baby smell
(the good kind). Takes me back....

BabyDuck:
i'm really looking forward to him getting of the vent, learning to eat, and coming home!

:)

here's hoping that happens soon!

Just me. Looking around for an update on the handsome fella :D (No, not you Andy, geesh:) )

oh yeah right ... thanks

:wink:

jameson is the world's cutest baby! that's my biased opinion, and i'm stickin' to it...

ok, he's still on the vent but needing much less oxygen the last several days. his tummy kinda blew up again about a week ago. they stopped feeding him & started looking for what was going on. one barium enema later...and he's full of poop. yep, he's an edwards! :D

he's starting to go now, a little bit almost every diaper, so maybe they'll start feeding him again soon. i hope so, since i'm running out of freezer room. it's full of little milk bottles. but if he does a big one, that breeze you feel will be his sigh of relief.

he's off any sedation, still getting some lasix but not as much (to help him pee off extra fluid), and is very snuggly. he's so adorable in his little clothes, and does a very good job holding up his own temperature.

the only cloud on the horizon is that having trouble going poop when you obviously need to go can be a symptom of cystic fibrosis, so they're gonna test for that this week. nobody thinks that's the problem, but it's one of those things that if it crosses your mind 'should we test for cf?', the answer's always yes.

oh, and he's gotten a private room since he's currently a carrier for rotavirus & is in isolation. he doesn't *have* rotavirus, but it can cause horrible diarrhea & vomiting that is hard for preemies to recover from, so he's isolated. fine with me, it protects him from the bigger babies crying or the beeps & buzzes of equipment that isn't his. sometimes he gets agitated because of loud noises. they'll check for it again in a week or so, and if it's gone he'll be able to come out of isolation.

he weighs 4lb 10oz, and is 16 1/4 inches long - growing like a weed! he's getting good at paccy sucking. i'm impatient for him to come off the vent, but i'm trying to be zen about it. it will just be so good, though, to be able to hold him without having to be so careful of his mouth.

feeling the love Marci...He is making great progress and even getting some perks (private room is priceless :D)...Lots of good thoughts heading your way :wink:

:rofl3: at first glance, I thought you said he was 14 lbs!

Still here :cheering: he and you on. Thanks for the update, I think of you guys often.

Cool Beans! Thanks for the update!

Back
Top Bottom