James Brown died

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So, it's official. James Brown is dead.

What will become of soul music now? These shoes can't be filled.

give 'em hell in the after-life, James. :crying: :crying2:

R..

Havent heard that yet on the radio or tv. I used to live in Augusta and he would sure give the police a run for their money about once a month.

As for soul music.....it has been long gone ...like the funk.

I don't think he "Feels Good" any more!

My hat is off to the Father of Soul.

Just heard the news myself. Though I enjoyed his music, I don't believe he was a very good person. Just my opinion.

It's heart breaking to awake to this news about Mr. Brown. I've had the pleasure to see him perform several times, and to work with him on one occasion (I was a sound engineer and my band played at a festival with him and his band). He was a pleasure to meet, and even more of a pleasure to see perform... Even recently his performances were filled with energy and great music. From the very beginning of his shows, "and now ladies and gentlemen...it's STAR TIME" and the band goes through the "old school" intro - complete with James' appearance on stage, and the cape being thrown over him like he did for the last 50 years, and he still had the fancy footwork to back it all up too. His rhythms and lyrics changed the face of music forever. he will be missed :(

Was offically on the news this morning. They did a little recap of his singing and prison time. Age 73, and you are right, he don't "Feel Good" no more. Was great for the music in my era, rock and also soul.

Just caught it on NBC... another legend goes the way of all flesh.

God rest his soul...both of them.

Jump back Kiss myself, how sad, god rest his soul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom