Jakarta/Sorong Advice Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your answer. That's what i reckoned .

Has anyone taken a flight from Kaimana to Jakarta (HLP)?
The flight i bought lands in Ambon at 1200 and leaves for HLP at 1225.
I'm worried if we will be able to catch the flight. It's IW 1503 to Ambon and ID 7770 to HLP.
I thougt if Lion Air offers this connection they should make it, but no I have my doubts.

We are traveling to Sorong from Jakarta the first week of May. We arrive in Jakarta late in the evening.

Recommendations for
  1. Hotel near/at CGK?
  2. Hotel in Sorong?
  3. Garuda to/from Sorong?
  4. CGK to SOQ, connection via MDC or UPG?
  5. Hotel for the layover in MDC - distance from airport?
  6. Arrival time at CGK for domestic flights?
  7. Arrival time at SOQ for domestic flights?
  8. Liquor store in Sorong?
Thanks
I did the exact trip on December of 2016

1) FM7 Hotel. Very close to the Airport. Dont get ripped off. They taxis will try to charge you a flat fee. Insist on using the meter else walk out. (My biggest mistake, Why nobody told me about this!!)
2)The best/only(??) hotel is the Swiss Bell Hotel. Didn't bother looking. It was cheap. Nice and Clean hotel. Walk to the Local Market. It will blow you away!!!. First time experience at a Shankytown. !!! Must do in Sorong. You can buy anything and everything there
3) I took NAM airline direct flight from Jakarta to Sorong.
8) You can ask the taxi drivers to take you to a store for liquor. They usually have it in the back of the store (hidden). The store could be a deli, hardware store or pharmacy. Looked very shady. I asked and I was taken. :) Expect to pay 800K-1000K rupees for a 750ml Chivas Regal. ($60-$70USD)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom