Jakarta Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tendi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have a 7 hour layover on the way to Sorong and a 12 hour layover on the way back. Looking for suggestions on an easy hotel. It just isn't worth $50 to us to sleep on a hard bench in the airport. We were planing to stay in the airport hotel but it's apparently closed (but still taking reservations). I saw a comment about d'primahotel in the airport but I can't find a lot of information on it which worries me. Has anyone stayed there? Is it actually IN the airport?

You are better off looking on trip-advisor for in depth knowledge. The Jakarta airport hotel is no more. I used my SPG miles to stay at the Sheraton CGK. Get yourself an SPG Amex, not sure on US offers but for $120 annual fee I got 30,000 miles. A stay at the Sheraton is only 3,000! 4,000 after Jan 1. No need to keep the card if you don't want it, the points stay with SPG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Lots of hotels near (5-10min drive) the airport now from budget (POP, All Seasons,...) to medium (Orchardz) to high end (Sheraton), some even with airport pick-up.
Not much to do around there besides staying in the room or having a massage though...

Lots of hotels near (5-10min drive) the airport now from budget (POP, All Seasons,...) to medium (Orchardz) to high end (Sheraton), some even with airport pick-up.
Not much to do around there besides staying in the room or having a massage though...

Are they really 5 minutes in Jakarta traffic? I have a couple of long layovers as well.

I've stayed a few times at the FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta (info on google), very comfortable and with pick up / drop off service. 10 to 20 min drive from the terminals during light traffic, but I was told it can take an hour or more during rush hours, so better to get back to the airport in good time! If you stay there you should talk with the concierge about timings - helpful for my trips anyway.

Just to add - an interesting drive to the hotel the first time, as you turn off the highway into a rather industrial area (that you get at the ends of airport runways I guess) but the hotel complex itself is great.

Last edited:
I second the FM7 hotel idea. We stayed here and it was very nice. Leave plenty of time to get back to the airport and you should be fine!

Fm7 had served me well several times. Comfortable rooms, sat tv and good hotel services. Has a pool and only 15mins from airport. And the food in the restaurant next to the lobby is excellent! The Tom yum soup is exquisite! Usually costs me around £50 ( 75USD) for a double room with a three course dinner and drinks. Wifi is free and speedy enough.

Yeah, the airport hotel is closed down. I recommend the Ibis Styles. It is right next door to the Pop! and very close to the airport. Closer than the FM-7. It is brand new and has a pool and a nice free breakfast. Plus an expensive restaurant and bar. I just stayed there last May. The price was $42. I was there twice during my holiday and saw no traffic except for about an hour around 5pm when there was an accident. The traffic and travel times will be much worse heading FROM the airport TO the hotel than back to the airport because it is on the side of a divided highway and going to the hotel you have to reverse directions on one way streets. On the way back it is a strait shot on a huge highway. I heard from another traveler that POP's rooms were really tiny and kinda crappy. Ibis was really nice. There is also another hotel in the back called Ibis budget which will probably be cheaper plus a few more hotels right on that street. The shuttle bus runs only every other hour and takes a brake during the night so it is not that convenient. Also, get there early for the shuttle. Our 630 shuttle left at 625 and some people couldn't fit in it there was such a demand. Taxi costs around 60-70 thousand rupiah. Offer that and be firm. Travel time is 20- 30 min to the hotel and about 10 min back to airport.

Just an update...for our 7 hour layover we hung out at the airport. Not so enjoyable because we had all of our luggage (it wasn't checked through) and the ticket counter wasn't open. There are plenty of benches to "sleep" on just inside the airport. It's air conditioned and there are bathrooms.

For our return trip, we stayed at Ibis Styles. It was really nice for the $. Nice to have a bed and a shower before the big flight home. The travel time Trucha stated is accurate - 20-30 min there and 10 min or maybe less on the way back.

l will second all of the recommendations here for the Ibis Styles. My wife and I stayed there during the 12 hour layover between our arrival in Jakarta and our continuation to Kaimana, then again during the full day we had between returning from Sarong and catching our flight back to CA. It cost $39USD both times and it was well worth it. It is a hideous taxi ride to get there from the airport--around 45 minutes the first time we did it--but a quick 5 minute ride back to the airport.

Back
Top Bottom