Jakarta Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone remember their cab fair cost for airport hotel rides? We had quite a bit of price gouging the past few times. Not a big deal just a bad feel as the first entry experience. I guess its better than the Philipine planted bullet shell scam. I got swindled a few dollars during my visit to Manilla as well.

Staying on topic, during rush hours & weekend party time. Those confusing roads gets packed. Be sure to give more than half hour for the ride.

Can someone remember their cab fair cost for airport hotel rides? We had quite a bit of price gouging the past few times. Not a big deal just a bad feel as the first entry experience. I guess its better than the Philipine planted bullet shell scam. I got swindled a few dollars during my visit to Manilla as well.

Recently I paid 50,000 (fixed price, meter was running and said 35,000) to get to the Sheraton Bandara. This was for the Blue Taxi's (regular taxi queue was huge), on a Friday afternoon at 5pm. Took about 20 minutes to get to the hotel. Still, the driver didn't ask for more and was thrilled when I gave him another 20,000 tip.

Last edited:
I too had the same problem and used POP! Hotel, less than 5 minutes form the airport and include pick-up and drop off in their easily identifiable green vans. Very clean and cheerful, helpful young staff and convenient.

I ended up taking a taxi from the airport to Ibis twice and both times they charged me 150,000. I tried negotiating up front and even walked away once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom