Jakarta airport money exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heimer420

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

We are landing at CGK Sunday evening at 8pm (Cathay Pacific) and flying out to Sorong at midnight with Batik.

Will there be any currency exchanges open at that time? The airport website says there will be but just want to make sure. Also, are they on the inside or outside of customs?

Thanks!

I did similar midnight flight to Sorong in October. The currency exchange at terminal 3(new terminal)was inside customs. I got some cash and a SIM card. Just follow Transfer signs.
And the exchange was not bad.

ATM will usually give you a better rate. We were just there but landed at midnight so little was open. It was a very eye opening experience, nobody spoke english, very odd for a female traveler.....all I can say is We are not in Kansas anymore....... But most exceptional dive trip ever

There is a row of money changers in Jakarta airport, usually after you exit the customs but before the public arrival waitiing area, they're open until the last flights and weirdly enough their exchange rate is quite good.
If you need a lot of cash, it's a better deal than withdrawing at ATM because you can't withdraw more than 2,5 milIDR (not even 200USD) and the bank will usually charge you a flat fee for a withdraw anything like 5USD plus the exchange commission fees.
I wouldn't advise that at Bali airport where the rates can be 2% more expensive than downtown Ubud or Sanur.

Just got back and saw the rate (USD) in CGK at both Term 2 & 3. Both were better than at Fm7 hotel.
Rates are better at the newer Terminal 3, very close the online published rate, u would have to make the trouble to take a bus or shuttle ride to Term 3.
Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom