Jakarta Airport Layover -Hotel options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeycanuk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well it looks like the airport hotel is going nowhere fast, so we are being offered the FM7 instead.

Our issue is we arrive at 6pm on Friday and depart for Sorong 1:10am. Do we have enough time to at least get a few hours for a shower and decent food? It's the ~7pm rush hour that worries me, getting back no issues (right??). Not too worried about the cost of the stay as this trip has dropped a few thousand $ due to Euro weakness:D and I'm looking to lock in the savings and pay off the invoice, given our trip isn't until Christmas. Hence the finding out the airport hotel is DOA.:shakehead:

What's the issue with the airport hotel? We have an eight hour layover there in October, so I'm curious what's up with it.

It's closed from what I was told.

FM7 is a decent enough place but it may take an eternity to actually drive there. Not sure about the traffic at your arrival time. My last visit, at 5pm, took about 1 hour. Return visit the next morning at 7am was only about 20 minutes.
So, good way to kill time but most of it may be in the taxi.
International terminal, land-side has several pay to use lounges. You just have to talk your way past the security guy at the entrance.

I had exactly the same problem during my trip to Raja Ampat last November and made a choice that turned out to be ideal. When you have less than half-a-day's stay in Jakarta and need somewhere to get a few hours sleep and freshen-up, look no further than the POP! Hotel Jakarta Airport. It is cheap (around $30), very clean and cheerful. Above all, it is only 10 minutes from Sukarno-Hatta Airport, which is saying a lot in Jakarta. The one thing you don't want to do there is get caught in traffic, which is very heavy throughout the day.

At POP! you can get breakfast if you are staying overnight but for a short layover like you are planning, there is a small food outlet just outside the hotel entrance which serves niks & naks. There are snack & soft drinks vending machines in the lobby. Also, they are not fussy about arrival and checkout times if you are staying less than 24 hours. Finally, they have free airport pick-up and drop-off using a very distinctive and easily recognised (important in chaotic Jakarta airport) green van.

Pop , amaris and ibis styles hotels are close ach other, within 5-10 minutes drive from the airport. All of them offer free shuttle service from/to the airport.
But 6 hours is not much, plus the possibility of flight delay and long queue at the immigration, you might consider to stay at lounge club.
The traffic at friday evening can be crazy, and the access to the hotel could be standstill like we saw yesterday - I don't think they could reach any of those hotel in less than an hour.

As a frequent visitor to Jakarta, you are potentially cutting it a bit close for comfort. In addition, you will arrive at the International terminal and will have to take a shuttle bus or taxi to the domestic terminal. I assume you will recheck you bags in the domestic terminal for your Jakarta to Sorong flight. This all takes time. Consider the lounge option.

Now I'm bummed out :( We will be there Dec 18 as well, can't imagine that will make things any easier?

Can you pay for the airport lounge at the lounge? And I assume the Int. Lounge is the one to stay in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We too went to the Fm7 hotel and it was great. However, the traffic getting back to the airport was horrible and I thought we might miss our plane! I would not chance it if I were you!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom