Jakarta Airport Layover -Hotel options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We too went to the Fm7 hotel and it was great. However, the traffic getting back to the airport was horrible and I thought we might miss our plane! I would not chance it if I were you!!
That is the reason I suggested POP! It is just over a mile from the Airport and the Green Van drivers know the quickest way in and out. Less than 10 minutes either way and to cover a mile in 10 minutes in Jakarta's traffic is like going like a bat out of hell.

I recommend the Ibis Styles. It is right next door to the Pop! and very close to the airport. I just stayed there yesterday. The price was $42. I was there twice during my holiday and saw no traffic except for about an hour around 5pm when there was an accident. The traffic and travel times will be much worse heading FROM the airport TO the hotel than back to the airport because it is on the side of a divided highway and going to the hotel you have to reverse directions on one way streets. On the way back it is a strait shot on a huge highway. I heard from another traveler that POPs rooms were really tiny and kinda crappy. Ibis was really nice. There is also another hotel in the back called Ibis budget which will probably be cheaper plus a few more hotels right on that street. The shuttle bus runs only every other hour and takes a brake during the night so it is not that convenient. Also, get there early. Our 630 shuttle left at 625 and some people couldn't fit in it there was such a demand. Taxi costs around 60-70 thousand rupiah. Offer that and be firm.

---------- Post added May 5th, 2015 at 04:10 PM ----------

re-read your first post and have a couple of other thoughts. fm-7 is a bit further than the ibis or pop. Also, I think you will have enough time to make it worth it. I got there at 1am and left at 630 and I was thinking "is this going to be worth it"? It definitely was for the shower and a few hours of sleep cured all jet lag. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom