Jackson Blue Recs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So I need to vacate my home for a few days, and I am thinking about heading up to Marianna and spending some time in JB.

I've done a couple of dives in JB, swimming just past Chicken Head Rock before I said "F this!" And I got dragged up to King's Canyon.

So my tentative plan:
Day 1: Slow Scooter up past King's Canyon to get a better lay of the land.
Day 2: King's Canyon
Day 3: ???

Not sure about day 3. I want to limit myself to about 2k or closer. Prefer nothing crazy, maybe BM small easy for SM, or simply likely to be silted out. I see Queen's Bypass, the videos don't seem all that bad, maybe similar to Double lines in Ginnie?

King's Canyon is awesome, just be aware that the downstream start of the line (and to a lesser extent also the upstream start of the line) is quite tricky to find on your own if you don't know where it is, much easier to dive KC for the first time jumping onto the KC bypass line, the one crossing the gold line at around 1600ft (park scooter at 1400ft). Once on the KC line it is easy to find both ends :)
Queen's Bypass downstream start of the line also kinda hidden, and the first 50 ft tighter than Double Lines, gets larger and taller after that, just a few tight spots til the upstream end. There's 2 ways to get on the line from the upstream, easier to find the farthest in one, at around 1700ft.
If you're diving solo, for day 3 I would park the scooter at 1000ft and do the jumps on the right (C&L, Zumrick) then back on the other side of the gold line between first and second Ts, do the white room in the ceiling, pick up your scooter and then do the lines to the front of the cave (Parallel lines, Lost Student, Beanie, Horseshoe). That should keep you busy and mostly out of the flow.

Enjoy your dives!

You can also rent a boat and do hole in the wall

pick up your scooter and then do the lines to the front of the cave (Parallel lines, Lost Student, Beanie, Horseshoe)

I don't see these on the poor quality map that is available.

You can also rent a boat and do hole in the wall

I've swam Hole in the Wall and Twin Caves before. I might go back on a bigger trip with a buddy or a tow scooter. But this is a bit last minute.

I'm home in Marianna for a bit. I don't have any diving information, I've been away for a month but see what's going on at JB, and Twin is usually a good bet if JB is ok. The water level seems up a bit and with the amount of rain that fell, I don't know about Hole in the Wall.

CA is reporting great conditions. Been doing a bunch of my usual video scouting.

I don't see these on the poor quality map that is available.
Horseshoe is a jump left at the bottom the the chimney. You can also jump off the main line in the cavern and hit the horseshoe line but it’s easier to find at the bottom of the chimney.

Parallel line is a jump right at the bottom of the chimney, then a quick jump left. The first jump right is worth exploring also.

Lost student runs from a jump left before the first breakdown to right behind chicken head rock.

I’m not sure about beanie unless that’s the first jump right before you jump left onto parallel line.

Definitely do Kings Bypass to Kings Canyon. I like to hit the white room on the way back. It is a T up just a little bit before you get back to the Queen’s jump.

Enjoy! It’s a wonderful cave with lots to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom