Jacket BCD vs. Backplate/Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What BP/W did you go with?
Highflier

I went with the Dive Right in Scuba complete kit. I got it on the black Friday deal for 279. The price now for it is 359. It includes Hog SS backplate, Hog STA, Light Monkey Dir harness, Trident SS tank straps, and a house brand 28lb wing.

It was a great price and good quality items. The only thing I don't love is the Hog backplate has a bit too much of a bend on it. Easily remedied though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yes. Jesus lead me to write that! :D

By the way, I'll be diving Grand Cayman next week!

Hey BDSC,

Have a great trip to Grand Cayman. My Sept and Nov trips to the East End really reinvigorated my interest in the island. Of course, the North walls are still incredible.

Good diving, Craig

Craig... do you need the pros and cons of jacket BCDs explained to you?

Hi DevonDiver,

No thanks, but I appreciate the offer. The topic has been exhaustively covered on SB.

Good diving, Craig

Is a Scubapro Litehawk a jacket or a wing? Looks like a wing, does it tend to tip you face down on the surface?

Is a Scubapro Litehawk a jacket or a wing? Looks like a wing, does it tend to tip you face down on the surface?
It's a back inflate. They don't tip you face down. Nor do backplate and wing set ups. Overweighting, poor weight distribution, and poor technique do that.

Jackets have been around now for almost 45 years and still hold 99% of the market. They’re not going anywhere anytime soon.

But it is fun to watch the never ending "debate" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom