Izu dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daiika

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Last week went out to Osezaki on the West side of Izu. Vis was about 4-6 meters. Light wind, sunny. Water temp. 25.6C at 14 meters.

This Sat. going out to Ita, just a little north of Osezaki.

Anyone else have Izu dive reports please post them, thanks.

Rod

Hi, Rodney, last year, I posted several dive trip reports, but did not get very much feedback.

Now, we just put them on Facebook, etc.

Saturday: Mikomoto, no Hammerheads but lots of schooling fish, a giant snapper, and eagle ray. Visibility 10 to 15 meters.

Sunday: Atami, surface conditions rough with whitecaps, 2 meter swells, but great vis 15-20 meters for the first dive on Chinsen (Shipwreck) and 1-2 meters on the second dive (Yokoiso Beach).

Water temp was very warm, don't have dive computer in front of me, but it was 23 at depth and 26 in shallower waters.

Great groups of divers for both days. We had lots of fun!

H

Water temp was very warm, don't have dive computer in front of me, but it was 23 at depth and 26 in shallower waters.

23 and 26 thats not warm thats dry suit temps:D Had 30.5 at depth yesterday.

29 Aug. went to Shishihama.....(I hate that place) vis was 5-6 meters. water temp. 26C and at 20 meters it was 23C. lots of fishes. flat in the morning and then a little current and wind in the afternoon. Not too many divers that day...maybe 40 divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom