Ixtapa Zihuatanejo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ixtapa Zihuatanejo diving

We are planning a girls trip to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo for the memorial day weekend 2007 plus a few days. The ladies are set on Ixtapa Zih so I am not trying to change their minds anymore. I can't find much info on diving the area, so any info would be good. Info about shops, dive sites, places to stay would all be welcome. I will take some of my gear down. I like warm water, good vis and lots of fishies. I've been to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta diving I am thinking it will be about the same, how would you compare them?
Thanks, Chocoholic

Just got back from Zihua yesterday. I had the chance to dive with Carlos Scuba in Zihua. They are located on Los Gatos Beach and are really top shelf. They will send a boat to pick you up at the main pier and will even shuttle family and friends (non divers) to the beach while you gear up. The non divers can relax at their shop on the beach while you go off on the dive. I did a two tank dive with a max depth of 60 ft or so. The reef system was decent but the visability in Ixtapa/Zihua was only about 35-45 ft tops. I guess it might depend when and where you dive. The price was 80 USC for the two dives and I brought my own wetsuit,mask,fins and dive computer. If you use Carlos Scuba say hi to Thierrey from Chicago Rich. Good luck and have a great time. Any other info needed on bars or restaurants reach me @ sarge1232@comcast.net

I dove with AquaParadise and Carlos Scuba. AquaParadise has better marketing so they get more "tourists" divers. Carlos Scuba (owner is Thierrey) is better because his dive expertise is excellent and he will ask for your advise about what kind of diving you want so that he can tailor your dive. We did about 7 dives with Thierrey. Great experience.

[now I have a trip to Puerto Vallarta next week and expect that the diving will be about the same]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom