It's the end of a 'Long' Run -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! I was shocked when Susan left. And most recently our local rep. My TLS350 is leaking somewhere now, and I was going to send it in for service after last weekend. Now maybe I need to rethink what I'm going to do. So sad, so many great people at DUI

Terrible news! All the best to you and your future endeavor.

On another note, I was literally in between trigger on a DUI FLX Extreme or Santi E.Motion Plus. Guess that helped finalized my decision.

So sorry to see you 'go', Kathy! Mike and I both thank you and yours for the years of attention. Sent the kid's suit in for a new zipper and it came back with over a dozen 'pinholes' that you guys fixed gratis.

My DUI is my go-to indestructible suit for hard diving. Loose fit, easy, like an old shoe. I probably should have bought a custom from you guys. *Sigh* So then I bought a Chinese Pinnacle Black Ice suit for cave. Cheap, tight fit. It's OK. Nothing special...

Peace!

Been a DUI customer since 1983 when I first custom CF200, 20 years later purchased the second one, with DUI expanding sizes an off the shelf Lge. Short CF200 was perfect fit. I can only say how great your customer service improved over the years and rapid return on repair issues. Only the best to you, your sister and the family. It was a pleasure the contacts I had with you over the years.

DUI has always been one of my favorite companies to do business with. I have several friends that work or worked there. Before my store became a DUI dealer I dove my DUI suit, all while being a dealer for many other drysuit brands. I still chose DUI even when I couldn't sell it. Dive shop people know that's a big NO, for a store owner. I still love my suits, but this worries me. Not sure now how to proceed for the future....
B

What a shame. We really enjoyed our tour when we were in San Diego last year. I hope thing work out there, either way.

Bump.
Can anyone comment on a recent DUI interaction? Love my DUI drysuit, and am just hoping that things are settling down, vs heading for the bottom.

Bump.
Can anyone comment on a recent DUI interaction? Love my DUI drysuit, and am just hoping that things are settling down, vs heading for the bottom.

Sure, I'll bite.

I actually just picked up my first drysuit from DUI in San Diego today. I went to their parking lot sale about two weeks ago with the intention of just getting measured and maybe trying on their stock sizes. I'm between sizes in everything it seems. My goal was to eventually buy a used DUI drysuit and have them service/test it. Well, turned out that they had a used CF200X in Large/Short in their warehouse and it fit me quite well. It felt great and it was easy to move around in. Carol helped me in/out of the insulation and suit, while answering all of my 100+ questions/concerns. She even took a pic for me. While trying on the suit, I got to meet the founder. He came over and inspected the fit and zipper...he applied some wax. He seemed like a nice guy, but very serious about the suits. This particular suit seemed to be in great shape, but it was missing seals. Carol said that they would add them at no charge. I bought the suit and bought new insulation jumpsuit/socks that were on sale too.

Email communication over the last two weeks was good. They quoted it finished by the 16th, but it was ready yesterday. They installed new zip latex seals at no charge and threw in a new LP hose. I had paid for them to add a P-valve (Light Monkey). I really hit a grand slam with them that day at the sale and was able to stay under budget. So I picked up the drysuit today after work. It was folded and packed in a sealed airtight bag. I went ahead and bought the blue dry gloves and 11mm hood too, but at retail price.

My drysuit class and checkout dives are next week. I'm really excited because this is going to change everything for me with diving. I'm tired of sitting out the winter months here and skipping the last dive on the boat from being cold. I'm happy I could support a local dive business and improve/expand my diving. It's really going to be a great summer.

I've read various comments on here about DUI, including Kathy's in this thread. I've never met her. I'm sorry for her and the way things ended for her at DUI, but I don't want DUI to fail. As a San Diego native, I'm somewhat biased. But they really took care of me. So I'm sticking with them.

Attachments

• CF 4-28-18.JPG
    CF 4-28-18.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 193
I ordered a new TLS 350 in March and my experience was also good.
They took a few extra days getting it to me but it's a great drysuit and fits me very well.
I sent them a few emails, back and forth, with some questions/concerns. Ryan was very quick to help out.
Very satisfied.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom