It's Official.............Yepper's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus

The Good Humor Guy
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, today started out great, had fun during PT great time to be had even ran an additional mile for some unknown reason. Got to work and found out that I would be working in the S2/S3 shop for the Colonel :crafty: , awesome job. Then came the bad news :reaper: , instead of being assigned to North Carolina.................. I will be hanging my hat in Kansas to be in a new Unit of Action :11: . So, all my hopes and dreams are being side tracked now.....

1) Not jumping from planes, stuck in a LEG unit
2) Land Locked, yep no diving until I can find some muck hole out there (can watering holes be considered a dive?)
3) Need to find my dictionary for cowboy lingo
4) On the brighter side, I can earn my spurs in between deployments

DMP:
Ok, today started out great, had fun during PT great time to be had even ran an additional mile for some unknown reason. Got to work and found out that I would be working in the S2/S3 shop for the Colonel :crafty: , awesome job. Then came the bad news :reaper: , instead of being assigned to North Carolina.................. I will be hanging my hat in Kansas to be in a new Unit of Action :11: . So, all my hopes and dreams are being side tracked now.....

1) Not jumping from planes, stuck in a LEG unit
2) Land Locked, yep no diving until I can find some muck hole out there (can watering holes be considered a dive?)
3) Need to find my dictionary for cowboy lingo
4) On the brighter side, I can earn my spurs in between deployments

clicking your heel's Dorothy....sorry could not resist :wink:

I was wondering when the good news would be coming to you. I was thinking the delay had to mean something like that was in the works. I hate it for you man. I hope you can find something good out of it.

How much longer until retirement? Just keep that picture in your mind, that and cross your fingers that there isn't another stop loss between now and then.

Kansas has some pretty wheat fields and you can test that diving through a water spout theory I've always had. :wink:

Good Luck to you. At least you'll be in the big shop. You could have done a lot worse than Battalion S-2/S-3. I loved my Battalion Job. It was the best job I had.

Paula

we'll miss the opportunity to get to know you better, joe. :(

Aggggggh.......how am I going to find flights there??????

Can you fly to me? Naples.....perhaps? :blinking:

Hey Joe, will you send some steaks to me? I hear they have good ones out there! :)

Try to keep in mind that it's only temporary!

Good luck!

Randy

Hmmm.....Just because I am going to Kansas does not mean that I will not travel to dive. They can move me as far as they can from the sea or water but, if there is a will there is a way. Shoot I was thinking of starting up a new dive club anyway......

pennypue:
Aggggggh.......how am I going to find flights there??????

Can you fly to me? Naples.....perhaps? :blinking:

Hmmm I guess now is the time I sign up for frequent flier miles huh?

DMP:
Hmmm I guess now is the time I sign up for frequent flier miles huh?
Please.

Pretty please.

Well, from Ft. Riley you’re about 250 to 330 miles to the best diving in the area at Table Rock, Beaver or a great quarry, but you’re only an hour and a half drive to KC where they have plenty of flights out to Cozumel. Now, if you want something closer, there are plenty of great lakes around Manhattan, but the visibility tops out measured in inches.

The pheasant and quail hunting is great in the area though, and with all the college girls from Manhattan to Lawrence you can always find a dive buddy if you don’t mind them a little young. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom