It's official, I think UK lights suck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take it to a shop and have them return it. They deal directly with the rep. I've never had a problem. A lot of times the shop will give you one out of inventory and return yours to UK.

zamboni19:
In case anyone was still under the impression that their service is "amazing", let me dispel that myth. Still no word from them after 2 calls and emails.

I am a big believer in telling it like it is. If a product or company is great, they get great word of mouth from me. If they treat a customer as though his money isn't worth their time, everyone gets to hear about it.

I've 3 mini Q 40, 4 SL4, 4 SL6, the only problem ever had was with 2 SL4s that were not opened for a while with Energizers inside, when needed after a few months, the batteries had leaked and ruined them, other 2 SL4s that had Duracell, still worked perfectly.
Lesson learned, never buy Energizer again and open your lights after every dive so they can vent gas, if not using them for a while, take out the batteries

Energizers leaked on my old 1.2megapix digicam and ruined too, so it took me to loose the SL4s to realize that Energizer sucks.

All my lights have more than 5 yrs old and at least 50 dives and only one SL4 bulb had been replaced in all these yrs.

zamboni19:
In case anyone was still under the impression that their service is "amazing", let me dispel that myth. Still no word from them after 2 calls and emails.

I am a big believer in telling it like it is. If a product or company is great, they get great word of mouth from me. If they treat a customer as though his money isn't worth their time, everyone gets to hear about it.
Have you tried returning it to your LDS for replacement? If they are a UK dealer then it should not be an issue. My LDS takes care of all my gear issues through replacement or repair. I have never had to go direct to a manufacturer yet.

Bad batch of bulbs... the non-led version of the C8 is not controlled by circuitry so the UK portion of the light is merely a bulb and battery holder.

Do yourself a favor and take the C8 back to the shop and trade it in for an eLed C8 version. Then you never have to worry about the "bulb" burning out.

BTW. I have flooded a few UK lights and after a phone call to UK they gave me an RMA # and within 2 weeks I always had a replacement light.

Ditto the above. I have several old lights that I have sent in once I have an RMA. They have been good to me. However, for a new light the dive shop should be handling that not UK.

I agree ... I use C4 and it's suck. I dont have any words for it, but next time i buy no more this band.

Contact UK customer service... They have provided a top notch warranty and customer services. They don't let me down once.

I also have had a very bad experience with UK warranty. They will absolutely NOT honor their lifetime warranty on lights. I spent a lot of time on the phone and spoke with a number of people at the company. Never fixed the failed light, never gave me a credit and basically said they have no more parts, will not honor the lifetime warranty. "Nothing we will do for you". I spoke with the owner of the company eventually.

I will buy Princeton Tech. They have excellent warranty support in my experience. Their new 8 C-cell LED light is excellent!

I've had nothing but bad luck with Princeton Tech lights. Every one of them I've ever had has flooded. Granted they were good about replacing them but I stopped buying them because I had nothing but trouble.

I'm sure if you asked enough people you could find someone that hates just about any brand so my opinion should be taken with a large bag of salt:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom