it's official...i am not retarded!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtdivegirl

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you so much to everyone who offered advice. I have to admit the lynch pin to my success was discovering the secret of imagining sucking through a straw. I had my third confined dive tonight and I mastered, yes mastered..not just performed once but a dozen times each, every skill i was having trouble with.
I can clear a partially flooded mask, a completely flooded mask, I can breathe without a mask, i can replace a mask and clear it. You all are the best for helping me through it. So far I dont have any problems with any of the other skills...so lets pray that the math involved in tables is not out of my reach...I dont think it will be.
if you all could see my perma grin right now you would all just crack up... thank you again!:D

We just knew you could do it! Now, as far as the math involved in the tables...it's just REALLY basic math. If I can do it and remember it, ANYONE can!

Good luck with the rest of class and keep us upadated!

Kristey

Congrats!

Yes, it takes a few actual successes to breed real confidence, but you broke thru that barrier. There are challenges in SCUBA for all of us, for nobody was born knowing this stuff. Now show 'em what a classroom whiz you are!

Congradulations. Enjoy the rest of your classes and all your future diving.

Chad

don't worry about the math on the tables. If you can do addition problems you'll be just fine. Just pay close attention to where you find the numbers you want to add together to provide the info you are looking for.

If I recall correctly you are in the PADI system and they usually remind you to find the "R.A.T."

R=residual nitrogen time
A=actual bottom time
T=total nitrogen time which is the sum of R+A. So your equation is

R+A=T

Back
Top Bottom