It's my b-day so I'm smoking a cow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, how did it turn out? :D

I too had the memorial week-end smoker fever, but went a little overboard...2 briskets, 18 racks of pork ribs, 10 lbs of sausage and way too many assorted other items...all served by 6:30 pm. And no, when I've been up since way before the sun, 9:30 am is not too early for beer-thirty, try working off of GMT that way you get a 6 hour headstart here in Texas.

Squashie

A late happy birthday, however...

The only way I'd get up at 430 am on my b-day is to play with my new Brinkmann smoker!

A Texan using a Brinkmann? No New Braunfels available? :D Just kidding, I use a Brinkmann too. Couldn't find the NB I wanted.

Here's to long days by the smoker, I hope you put on a great feed.

Steve,
Ex-Austinite

Kwbyron:
I should put up a flag...like the embassies do in other countries; Where the Texan lives is Texas soil....

i like that idea ...

yes, sir, i like it

and it reminds me of another Texan i used to know .... i'm sure he'd approve too

Steve, It's hard enought to find a brisket up here, much less a New Braunfels up here... The commesary in Smoky point had some briskets last summer that just made me want to cry.... I swear it was actually veal. lol....
ahh, what's the saying? "American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!"

Add me to the list too...
3 beercan chickens,ribs and a porkloin!
Almost fresh local corn season here too!
For you brisket guys...do you wrap in foil at the end or not?

Steve Egner:
A late happy birthday, however...

A Texan using a Brinkmann? No New Braunfels available? :D Just kidding, I use a Brinkmann too. Couldn't find the NB I wanted.

Here's to long days by the smoker, I hope you put on a great feed.

Steve,
Ex-Austinite

New Braunfels got bought by Thermos... it just ain't the same anymore...

Drewpy:
Add me to the list too...
3 beercan chickens,ribs and a porkloin!
Almost fresh local corn season here too!
For you brisket guys...do you wrap in foil at the end or not?

I didn't, it was a little dried out on the crust, but as I added/removed the ribs, potatoes, sausage, I rotated the brisket around and moved it further away from the heat source...so it turned out nicely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom