Its live.... its NOT Memorex! PETITION GOES ACTIVE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have 9,000+ members on the board, but only 130 people have signed the petition.

??????

Where is everyone?

I was confirmed signature #129.

I hope that everyone that signs this petition reads that before their signature is "officially added" they will get a confirmation email that the must reply to.

Failure to do so will result in their "signature" being pulled from the petition.

Is there any reason to limit the petition to North Americans only ?

The points raised are valid for worldwide divers and I would be really glad to sign it...

Thanks,

Manogr

Primarily due to the reach of the laws in North America.

Plus, the offices of the firms I'm targeting with the faxes are all NA distributors or manufacturers.

I took it down to my LDS last week. I was somewhat apprehensive as I believe many shops will see this as an undesirable change. I was surprised to see how supportive he was.

I have gotten confirmation back from the sticker folks that the sticker order is scheduled to print on the 20th. That should put them in my hands by the end of the month, right on schedule.

Anyone who wants a bunch, let me know. They'll be cheap - and are a nice size for both tanks and your bumper. :)

BTW, Mares has called me. They're growling over this internally. They MAY move off their position - they said they had already rescinded the price-restraint policy to a MAP policy instead (which doesn't bother me, and is ok under the "good list" rules), so there has already been movement.

I have no idea if the petition and discussions have had anything to do with it or not, but trust me - they're getting the message - and faxes. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom