It's flooding down in Texas.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
...as SRV would say/sing.... so I guess it was a good decision to put the regs in the shop this week and make a trip home to see the wife and family. We're looking at 20 days and change to Cozumel for an eight day vacation/annisversary celebration.

Sounds like everyone is headed somewhere next weekend so we might just head to blue lagoon or TL as I'll be working nights all next week and possibly until we head south. I think Bren will head down since I'll be in "night" mode and we want to dive the serviced regs prior to heading to Coz.

Now that the ramblin' is done, here's my news.... I've got the barge fever! And I'm waiting on a phone call from a lady that has just what I need for a project boat. It's a good 22 footer with trailer and just the deck. That way, I can make the railing to fit divers needs and make a small wheelhouse that will conseal a built in 20 or so gallon tank. Slap a little 35-40 HP motor on it and we'll be in business! Hopefully it'll ready by late fall, but for sure by spring and ready for "road" trips. I'll keep you posted, complete with pictures so you'll know it isn't a JT@/TT fiasco! Hmmmmmm, wonder how Da' Beast is at welding alum??? :wink:

Ya'll have fun and blow some extra bubbles for us if you get wet this weekend.....

tony

I've been wondering when you'd appear! I knew you were on some weird schedule so I haven't bothered you, didn't want the phone to wake you up.

Did you see?...I got a new camera! I still have a find a housing but I'm not in any big hurry....yet. Ya'll wanna try for Joe's or Mexican one evening next week?

5050....congrats! I guess Da' beast won't be getting your strobe and tray with that 4040? :wink:

I'll be working 9pm to 6:30am so it would be breakfast shrimp..:D

I'll give a ring next week and we'll plan it! Ask Doug if welding alum. is much a hassle. I can't remember, been too long since I've had to have and alum. fabricated, but I think it's brazed.... (tourch and an alum. rod) N e how, Da' Beast will know.

See ya next week,

tony....ahemmmm.... 20,18,15

That would not have been my choice unless you were having problems. At least take them in your pool and give them a good shakedown before your trip.

Enjoy.

scubatexastony once bubbled...
... We're looking at 20 days and change to Cozumel for an eight day vacation/annisversary celebration.
tony

I will be there Oct. 10 for 7 days. Will be staying at the Plaza Las Glorias and diving with Blue XT Sea, at least through Sunday.

Maybe we can get together for dinner or a dive.

"Yes, I can" in response to your question about welding alum. Looks like ya'll have a winter project in the works! It's how far to Lake Charles??? :wink:

Dee once bubbled...
"Yes, I can" in response to your question about welding alum. Looks like ya'll have a winter project in the works! It's how far to Lake Charles??? :wink:

Lake Charles is about an hour and a half from me. And I'm about an hour and a half from you. So that puts L.C. right about 3 hours away for ya'll.

We'll have to get together Friday night for supper! We'll be right up the road from you towards town at Casa Mexicana. Cafe Dennis?

Awap, I have a really good zeagle tech that I trust....and we'll be making several dives on the regs prior to leaving, I understand your point, it's good to check your gear prior to leaving, just with the length/use since service I felt it a "good" thing to get em overhauled and make some check out dives on em prior to a week of hard diving.

Hopefully, Dee, I can get a call from the seller soon and we'll have time to do some "fabricating" prior to the Lake Charles job needing my expertise.... Just how BIG is your driveway?
:wink: .....hey CD, you ever dove Sam Rayburn? Toledo Bend? Know of any hidden treasures in your area? We'll definately have to do the power plant lake up here and maybe De Gray in ARK.

Back
Top Bottom