It's finished...Bench by da Beast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zagnut once bubbled...
Hey Mike, if you can get away from work maybe we could carpool down there.
One of the things that has improved at Denton County Auto Salvage is that we are closed on Saturdays. Much easier to schedule dive activities. Plus significant reduction in cost of overhead.

However, I've committed to working an OW class this weekend (Aug. 16/17) and the next. Part of my internship towards my DiveMaster certification.

Thanks for thinking of me. Wanna do the Loophole Thursday eve?

Dee...

Have Beast put on his "Thinking Dee Rag" (That's the one with all the blinking LED's, dials, and coils of wire) and come up with a portable version for assembling and donning double cylinder setups. Something just as sturdy that could break down for transport.

I know of a few folks around here who have expressed interest in something like that (including me).

TexasMike once bubbled...
Dee...

Have Beast put on his "Thinking Dee Rag" (That's the one with all the blinking LED's, dials, and coils of wire) and come up with a portable version for assembling and donning double cylinder setups. Something just as sturdy that could break down for transport.

I know of a few folks around here who have expressed interest in something like that (including me).

Aren't you DIR guys supposed to be able to don and doff your gear from any position? I sure wouldn't want the rath of the Gods for contributing to the delinquency of the following! :wink:

Beast said it would be easy to do, just make one that bolts together rather than welded together. One that's narrower and single sided for a single set of doubles.

but it uses a lot of gas.....o.....line.....:wink:

EVER HEARD OF A TAILGATE?????

Just...KIDDING! well, actually no....it works quite well, then again, if I'm close to one of those KILLER tank racks....I'll back up to it and shed 'em! .....

So who else is gonna be there....
Dee, Beast, Ken, Mike, Bill, Johnny, Bren and me......TOOTH? Garys gotta work....Tom? Dez?....Micheal's DM'n....sheeze....you'd think at least JT WOULD SHOW UP!!!!!!

gotta find sompin to eat....

tony

and it looks like I will have to miss it.

I just hate when work interfers with the real important things in life.

Looks more and more like I will need to make a trip south to get a dive with you guys.

Catch....we're gonna miss you!

scubatexastony asked...
I'm guessing, but surface 85-89? thermocline at 20-22 drops into low 70s? does it stay in the upper 50s on the bottom like TL does?

tony & Brenda

Those were the approximate conditions when I was there a month ago. Dunno about deep, it's probably been a year or more since I've been to the bottom and I did the dive in a drysuit. I don't remember the temp, but it was cold.

Vis when I was there on 7/4 was 30', but might be down now with all the rain.

Hope to see you,

Bill

I was there last weekend.

Vis was about 10 feet.

Tempatures were in the upper 80's towards the surface.

And it was 58 degrees at 58 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom