It's finished...Bench by da Beast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast just finished the Northern Swampers gear bench and I thought you guys might want to see it.

acd.sized.jpg

acc.sized.jpg

We're planning to drive up early morning Sat. 16th. We'll dive and hang out, stay Sat. night and come home Sunday.

Hope to meet some of you there.

I like the design! If it's straight forward to make, perhaps he could talk Calvin @ ASP into purchasing some. Be a real nice thing to have at each dock to assist getting in and out of your gear.

I just wanna say that I think it's an incredibly nice thing for y'all to do for us northern swampers and I think it says alot about the kinda folks that you and beast really are! Thanks! :thumb:

Kathleen has to work next Saturday, but I'm planing on being there for a couple of dives. Hey Mike, if you can get away from work maybe we could carpool down there.

Anyone else gonna be there?

I wanted to be the first one to carve initials into the bench. Oh well, Doug deserves it, he built it. Thank you Doug, it is greatly appreciated. I hope someone in this area can build more.

Anyone out there up to taking this on? Hint, Hint to Dallas people. Although we would have to "anchor" them down and chain them. You know how things can disappear sometimes.

Gary said Deb was going to paint and seal it with the logo, hope that goes well. My first thought on the logo was "branding iron", but looks like I've been beaten to the wood burning thing too. :eek:ut:

See y'all next weekend.

I've really been surprised that none of the benches have walked off from Twin Lakes. There are 5, I think, at TL now and none are anchored or chained in any way. For one thing it makes it easier to mow when they can be moved out of the way. And ya'll know how much we appreciate a freshly mown dive site! Plus, until we get one at every site, it's easy to move them around to where they are needed, within a few feet, anyway.

Beast didn't want to 'sign' it at all but I told him he needed to on this one. The branding was his idea. He just uses a heated bent welding rod.

I'm sorry I won't get to meet Deb. I think of her every time I hang our banner she made. :D

Seal...you can carve up the other side! :wink:

The bench looks great. Thanks, Dee. I plan to meet y'all at Clear Springs Scuba Park Saturday AM 8/16. I'll likely get there between 8 & 9AM and I'll try to save a spot. I usually set up on the northeast side of the lake unless everyone else wants to do something different.

See ya there,

Bill

about carving initials, but that may not be a bad group thing if no carving was done on the part where the tanks set. Just so there will be no uneven spots, put initials or something on the back where it won't affect the balance. Be a good solidarity thing.

Those carved-on tables in "saloon row" at Northgate in College Station had some problems with beer bottles sittin' on them sometimes, but I could handle it. :D

Oh, can I borrow Doug's twin set-up for a dive? Never dove doubles before. Just kidding, I do good to handle a single 80.
:wink:

I'll try to be out there as early as possible, but it might be about 10:00 before I can make it. The benches look fantastic!! :thumb:

Thank you so much, Doug! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom