It's awfully quiet - Any trip reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebomb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would actually be entertained by trip reports about farm ponds, murky rivers, even hot tubs. Someone put a needle in my vein...

No trips in the works for our little groups until June. Taking the AOWs down to PCB for their dives and to satisfy the need to escape the quarries. Interesting group of kids here this week at camp. I had my first full blown panic attack by a trainee during skills. :)

"And that's all I have to say about that."

Hey...cool space camp site. Wish that had been there when I was a kid. Sounds like you have a great job...well except for the panic attack kid.

Beck

No trips in the works for our little groups until June. Taking the AOWs down to PCB for their dives and to satisfy the need to escape the quarries. Interesting group of kids here this week at camp. I had my first full blown panic attack by a trainee during skills. :)

"And that's all I have to say about that."[/QUOTE]

It's par for the course. We see literally 100s if not 1000s of trainees in a year at the UAT. Most make it with no problems, but there is always the minority. Last week one of our volunteers had a girl bolt on him from 12' and rip the reg right out of his mouth. He was more shaken than she was. It happens, but we roll with it and make the best. We have a perfect safety record, and in a month I see more varied trainees than most full time instructors will see in a year. It's a great job, I truly do love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom