Items needed anyone coming to Bonaire soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi All!

I need a few things from the US. I can get them here, but the prices are WAY overpriced!

It may be that you will need a small extra bag or box to put them in to transport them, but I would be more than happy to pay for the extra baggage. It would still be much cheaper than to buy the items here on Bonaire.

For example, I can purchase a ink toner for my HP on line for $45, but here I have to pay $100 MORE!!!

I need the following items:

4 HP laserjet ink toners (they come in a kit in a box) they are large, but light, maybe 2 lbs.
A "drum" for my fax machine, once again, a bit bulky, but maybe 2-3 lbs max.
A few boxes of Avery business cards (long and flat, but light).

I am thinking it would all fit in a medium size luggage, and as I said, I would gladly pay for the extra baggage charges.

I can have them shipped directly to your home....

Thanks!

Liz

Hi Liz, Sunshine here. I just wanted to post how wonderful Scubaboarders are in general. We often get messages from divers coming to Westpunt and offering to bring us things needed from the states. For us, it's also sometimes toner and often books in English but we've had divers bring us MTB bike tires and parts for our Honda (thank you to both Johns!). It's also kinda nice to read the magazines brought to read on the plane; the cost here is well over $10 a mag - too much to spend on Brittany's latest escapades. Thanks again from all of us who have benefited from everyone's kind gestures. (Bonaire, Curacao, probably any island where you go to dive) And as Liz mentioned, with a week's notice, anything can be shipped directly to your door.
Thanks again, everybody!

Sunshine,

Definitely agree! SB'ers are wonderful!!!! I know, magazines are ridiculously expensive here on Bonaire as well. I like Women's Day, and the US$ price marked on the magazine is $2.99, but we have to pay over $8.00 here. I can get each separate toner cartridge for $45.00 each, but have to pay 245,00 Naf (or about $138.00) each here. Even with the extra baggage fee, I'm still saving around $300.00 if I can get someone to bring them in. Fortunately, we don't have to pay duty on comupter supplies, just the 5% tax.

OH YES, almost forgot, for the person(S) who can help me out, I will need you to bring the original receipts along with you.

Thanks!

Ann,

SB'ers are great, they really do help out! Suzy....if you can check the price of the following, definitely would by you a few beers....

Most important: toner for my printer

I need the black and the colors (3 of them) for an HP 2600N. The toner series is 6000....

They are 245 naf per each cartridge here, that is $137.00 (around) and I can get them online for $45.00 each (what a racket!!!).

Liz

Liz, I'm coming down Saturday to your place. I just need to verify that the cartridges you need are these
HP 10 (C4844A) Black Ink Cartridge
HP 11 (C4836A) Cyan Ink Cartridge
HP 11 (C4837A) Magenta Ink Cartridge
HP 11 (C4838A) Yellow Ink Cartridge
These are listed for the HP Inkjet Printers Business Inkjet 2600 Series IS this the right printer?
I could not find a Laserjet with that number on the staples website HP Inkjet Printers Business Inkjet 2600 Series | Staples®
Let me know for sure and I'll be happy to bring them.

IF these are the wrong numbers can you give me the part numbers off each toner cartridge and I'll stop by Staples or Office Depot Tomorrow.

Liz, I'm coming down Saturday to your place. I just need to verify that the cartridges you need are these
HP 10 (C4844A) Black Ink Cartridge
HP 11 (C4836A) Cyan Ink Cartridge
HP 11 (C4837A) Magenta Ink Cartridge
HP 11 (C4838A) Yellow Ink Cartridge
These are listed for the HP Inkjet Printers Business Inkjet 2600 Series IS this the right printer?
I could not find a Laserjet with that number on the staples website HP Inkjet Printers Business Inkjet 2600 Series | Staples®
Let me know for sure and I'll be happy to bring them.

IF these are the wrong numbers can you give me the part numbers off each toner cartridge and I'll stop by Staples or Office Depot Tomorrow.

STEVE,

Thank you so much, it is actually the HP 2600N Laserjet. They toner cartridge numbers are: Q6000A, Q6001A Q6002A Q6003A and Q6004A.

If you can get them that would be great!!!! If not let me know.

OK, Liz I've found them either at Staples or Office Depot here locally
Staples or
Office Depot

Prices are $247.99 for the three color pack and $82.99 for the black cartridge. I can pick them up tomorrow and you'll have them Saturday. Just confirm for me and I'll pick them up. If this is more than you want to pay no problem. Unfortunatly I don't think there is time to have anything shipped to me before our 6 am flight saturday.

I can also get the Business cards for you Office Depot Avery Business Cards

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom