Itching To Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

z28pwr

Reaction score
I haven't been diving for 6 months now and I'm itching to go. Where is a good place to go in San Antonio/Austin area. I went to Canyon Lake and visibility was NON existent, I like Aquarena Springs but I need to take the scientific diver program to dive there.

I've heard some people talk about the Comal river but I thought that was only like 15 - 25 FT deep or something like that.

Thanks.

z28pwr:
I've heard some people talk about the Comal river but I thought that was only like 15 - 25 FT deep or something like that.
Thanks.

The Comal is only 15-25 feet if you bring a jack hammer and have an afternoon to dig!

Most of the drift is 8-10 feet deep. You can get to 15 feet but that happens just past the stairs where you get out. If you want to dive around in that depth then you will have an annoying swim back up stream to get out of the water.

The vis is usually much better than a lake. There are a lot of aquatic plants and a lot of fish to see.

Lake Travis currently has low vis (as of last Saturday). I have been told that the temp will settle down in another week or two, the water will stop churning, and the vis will go up to 20-30 feet. It was 7-8 on Saturday.

from 65-80' at Windy Pt last Sat. It got pretty milky below that, tho...temp was 58F.

Back
Top Bottom