Italian Dive Advice, Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP, this is a good site with really detailed information about what is in the Portofino marine reserve, links to operators, webcams, etc. You can probably translate the site if you need to or google the Area Marine Protetta Portofino for english sites, but they don't have this much detail.

Good luck, and stay a night or two in Liguria, it is lovely.

hi there, i am Luca's partner - Piccolo's recommendation re diving in Santa Margherita - it is fantastic diving there - the marine park has been protected since 1998 so the marine life is abundant, corals + gorgonians gorgeous! Tauchen - the German major dive mag voted L'ISUELA - the most beautiful dive in the Med and as Piccolo said we also have the Christ Of The Abyss - the most famous dive in the MEd - a giant submerged bronze statue. we can also help you with accommodation if you want to stay over. anyway, whereever you land up wish you a lovely holiday and great diving!

Sorry to tag along here.

I will be in Italy for a quick trip (wedding in the extended family) at the end of June.
I really would like to do a couple of dives in Liguria (Cristo degli Abissi se possibile).
The only issue is that I can only dive on June 28 .....
Is there any dive operator in the Portofino Area to arrange a dive on a Monday?

Grazie

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Sorry to tag along here.

I will be in Italy for a quick trip (wedding in the extended family) at the end of June.
I really would like to do a couple of dives in Liguria (Cristo degli Abissi se possibile).
The only issue is that I can only dive on June 28 .....
Is there any dive operator in the Portofino Area to arrange a dive on a Monday?

Grazie

Alberto (aka eDiver)
hi alberto - contact DWS DIVING in Santa Margherita. all dives are from Covered boat in the Protected Marine Park of Portofino, including CHrist of the Abyss. Am newish to Scubaboard so cant post the url but Piccolo's reply on page one takes you to the website. diving is fantastic and staff are fluent in english tooxx

Yes contact Luca at DWS diving in Santa margherita ligure, tell him Elaine sent you. He will take you out diving.
http://www.dwsdiving.com/

I emailed Luca at DWS and told him to be on the lookout for you, give him a call or email him directly.

Last edited:
Glad to help. BTW, not the best picture, but here is me at the Christ of the Abyss in Italy

Attachments

• Abyss.jpg
    Abyss.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 151
HI Elaine
I think you look great!
love cathyx

Well, once again this community has been a tremendous help! I am excited to say that we will likely be trying to get over to the Portofino Marine Park for a day. Most likely we will be booking with DWS very soon, I have been in contact with Cathy there and they have been very helpful. Thank you again to all of you who lent an opinion or information!

---Wes

Back
Top Bottom